- Immerse yourself in an inclusive, diverse and supportive culture
- Outstanding opportunity to work with a high performing iron ore business
- Perth Based
Roy Hill represents the next generation of integrated iron ore mine, rail and port operations in the Pilbara region of Western Australia. Situated approximately 340 kilometres south east of Port Hedland, our world-class operation is the only independent iron ore business with West Australian majority ownership. With a defined mineralisation of more than 2.4 billion tonnes of high grade iron ore, enough to sustain a mine life of more than 20 years, Roy Hill is introducing a new wave of innovation, technology and knowledge to Australia’s iron ore industry.
‘The Real Us’
Roy Hill’s Perth-based integrated Corporate Headquarters and Remote Operations Centre (ROC) provides end to end integration of our operations, marketing and corporate services functions.
Our Engineering Services leadership team is now seeking a Specialist Engineer Condition Monitoring to join the team.
The primary purpose of this role will be to provide central condition monitoring (CM) and hydrocarbon management (HCM) governance to site execution teams across fixed plant, mobile plant, rail and non-process infrastructure. This includes providing advice, system support and processes to the business across all areas.
This role also supports analyses of health of critical fixed plant equipment in the Process Plant / Port and provide timely decisions to maintain function and/or replace failing equipment. This is a business-critical role playing a key part in achieving Process Plant, Rail, Port and Mine equipment reliability and availability targets to achieve lowest whole of life maintenance costs.
Accountabilities will include: -
- Provide leadership to Roy Hill regarding condition monitoring and hydrocarbon management
- Develop and implement CM and HCM standards, systems, procedures, processes and specifications where they add business value
- Assist site operations to implement and refine their condition monitoring programs
- Provide mentoring, coaching, guidance and assistance to site-based CM and HCM Technicians
- To apply continuous improvement CM and HCM strategies to identify opportunities to close performance gaps using innovative best practice training, technology and processes
- Represent the business for key CM and HCM service and product support contracts
- Provide surveillance, auditing and review of sites ongoing routine monitoring
- Provide assistance, expertise and timely decisions (to restore health or replace failing equipment) when a complex issue is discovered
- Develop KPl's and measurements to track the performance of the CM and HCM processes
- Develop and drive lubrication contamination control standards and assist the sites maintain and improve their performance where necessary
- Investigate and implement new technologies with relation to condition monitoring and lubrication
- Regularly review and audit systems and procedures to maximise their effectiveness and efficiency
‘The Real You’
For you to achieve outstanding results in this position, you will be an experienced Condition Monitoring Engineer along with the following: -
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or, an appropriate trade qualification with a demonstrated combination of training and experience
- Experience in the use of Condition Monitoring systems and processes
- High level understanding of identifying different equipment failure modes, their symptoms and assessing criticality
- Experience providing recommended corrective actions based on analysis and interpretation of CM data
- Computer literate (SAP PM or other Computerised Maintenance Management System, Microsoft, Word, excel, outlook and condition monitoring software)
- Experience performing condition monitoring in the iron ore / mining industry using techniques including vibration, temperature monitoring, thermal imaging, U/T thickness and tribology
‘The Real Offer’
Our people are the driving force behind the growth of the business and our success. We are committed to attracting and retaining people who have the right mix of skills, knowledge, leadership and motivation to operate one of Australia’s largest and most innovative integrated iron ore mining, rail and port operations.
Roy Hill offers rewarding careers, generous benefits, and a unique opportunity to join a dynamic workplace where collaboration, innovation, agility and personal leadership empowers you to perform at your best.
Roy Hill is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages indigenous Australians and females to apply. We promote cultural diversity, gender equality and non- discrimination. To be eligible to apply for this role you must be legally permitted to work permanently in Australia.
Please note that unsolicited applications from recruitment agencies will not be accepted.