- Immerse yourself in an inclusive, diverse and supportive culture
- FIFO 8:6 roster from Perth
- Outstanding opportunity to work with a high performing iron ore business
Roy Hill represents the next generation of integrated iron ore mine, rail and port operations in the Pilbara region of Western Australia. Situated approximately 340 kilometres south east of Port Hedland, our world-class operation is the only independent iron ore business with West Australian majority ownership. With a defined mineralisation of more than 2.4 billion tonnes of high grade iron ore, enough to sustain a mine life of more than 20 years, Roy Hill is introducing a new wave of innovation, technology and knowledge to Australia’s iron ore industry.
‘The Real Us’
The Roy Hill mine is the largest single-pit iron ore mine in Australia and has an initial mine life of 17 years, with a likely extension beyond that of 12 years. Roy Hill is an owner operator, conventional open pit, drill and blast, truck and excavator bulk mining operation.
Our mining operations leadership team is now seeking an Engineer Development to join the team.
The development engineer is primarily responsible for supporting the mining teams in various projects that are business critical but outside of the regular production engineer scope.
The incumbent will provide the technical focus required on site to facilitate the development projects that the development team are tasked with and key capital infrastructure and construction projects. This is a critical role centred on relationships with the Superintendent Development, Mine Planning, Commercial and Projects, Environment and Approvals, and Engineering services.
This role will be mentored by the production and senior engineers.
Accountabilities will include: -
- Ensure the site traffic management plan (TMP) for each project is implemented and provide it to the mining superintendents for sign-off
- Ensure that the Development team are providing the required level of service to each project
- Generate blast designs, using all available data and history from previous blasts to optimise design decisions in line with Drill and Blast Basis of Design
- Promote and assist with Business Improvement (BI) projects
- Assist where necessary with any required mine, access or road designs
- Develop an intimate knowledge of the Short-Term Mine Plan and the required development work that will be essential to evaluate the value and consequence of any deviation or escalation within the execution timeframe
- Ensure variances from the daily plans are understood, recorded and communicated to the appropriate Superintendent
- Ensure constant reconciliation of planned versus actual as completed on a daily, weekly and monthly basis
- Provide technical input into the short, medium and long-term planning process
‘The Real You’
For you to achieve outstanding results in this position, you will be an aspiring Development Engineer along with the following: -
- Bachelor’s Degree in mining engineering or, similar earth science such as, Bachelor of Science (Mining)
- Experience in large scale iron ore mining operations preferred but not required
‘The Real Offer’
Our people are the driving force behind the growth of the business and our success. We are committed to attracting and retaining people who have the right mix of skills, knowledge, leadership and motivation to operate one of Australia’s largest and most innovative integrated iron ore mining, rail and port operations.
Roy Hill offers rewarding careers, generous benefits, and a unique opportunity to join a dynamic workplace where collaboration, innovation, agility and personal leadership empowers you to perform at your best.
Roy Hill is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages indigenous Australians and females to apply. We promote cultural diversity, gender equality and non- discrimination. To be eligible to apply for this role you must be legally permitted to work permanently in Australia.
Please note that unsolicited applications from recruitment agencies will not be accepted.