- Immerse yourself in an inclusive, diverse and supportive culture
- Outstanding opportunity to work with a high performing iron ore business
- Residential – Port Hedland
Roy Hill represents the next generation of integrated iron ore mine, rail and port operations in the Pilbara region of Western Australia. Situated approximately 340 kilometres south east of Port Hedland, our world-class operation is the only independent iron ore business with West Australian majority ownership. With a defined mineralisation of more than 2.4 billion tonnes of high grade iron ore, enough to sustain a mine life of more than 20 years, Roy Hill is introducing a new wave of innovation, technology and knowledge to Australia’s iron ore industry.
‘The Real Us’
Roy Hill’s purpose built, world-class iron ore port facility at Port Hedland is capable of receiving, stockpiling, screening and exporting 55Mtpa of iron ore as lump and fines and has been designed to accommodate possible future expansion.
Our Port leadership team is now seeking a Superintendent Port Operations to join the team.
The Superintendent Port Production will be responsible for providing leadership and direction to the Port Operations team. You will be accountable for the development and implementation of Operational plans and budgets for the port facilities. The primary purpose of the role is to lead the Port Operations team to safely operate the Port Assets, so they can reliably deliver the production plan to achieve throughput, at or below the operations budget cost/tonne.
Accountabilities will include: -
- Provide strong visible leadership to the Port Operations team
- Ensure all surveying activities are adequately supervised and follow set standards and procedures
- Direct the Port Operational activities to ensure current and future plans and objectives of the Port are met
- Develop a strong reliability improvement and cost control culture within the Port Operations team
- Supervise and monitor the performance of team members, focusing on the achievement of key goals and support of the behavioural standards required by the company
- Mentor and develop team members by managing work allocation, training & capability development, problem resolution, performance evaluation, and the building of an effective team dynamic
‘The Real You’
For you to achieve outstanding results in this position, you will have a strong Port Operations background along with the following: -
- Bachelor’s Degree in mining engineering, Metallurgy/Process or Chemical Engineering/Industrial Chemistry, or, an appropriate qualification with a demonstrated combination of training and experience
- Demonstrated experience in a supervisory capacity operating a high tonnage port facility, preferably Iron Ore
- Experience with the operation, maintenance and control of materials handling equipment including large conveyor systems, car dumpers, stackers and reclaimers, Vibrating screens and Ship Loading
- Experience and knowledge in Sea Bourne Cargo Exports
- Constantly seek opportunities to improve performance through innovation
‘The Real Offer’
Our people are the driving force behind the growth of the business and our success. We are committed to attracting and retaining people who have the right mix of skills, knowledge, leadership and motivation to operate one of Australia’s largest and most innovative integrated iron ore mining, rail and port operations.
Roy Hill offers rewarding careers, generous benefits, and a unique opportunity to join a dynamic workplace where collaboration, innovation, agility and personal leadership empowers you to perform at your best.
Roy Hill is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages indigenous Australians and females to apply. We promote cultural diversity, gender equality and non- discrimination. To be eligible to apply for this role you must be legally permitted to work permanently in Australia.
Please note that unsolicited applications from recruitment agencies will not be accepted.