- Immerse yourself in an inclusive, diverse and supportive culture
- FIFO 8:6 roster from Perth
- Outstanding opportunity to work with a high performing iron ore business
Roy Hill represents the next generation of integrated iron ore mine, rail and port operations in the Pilbara region of Western Australia. Situated approximately 340 kilometres south east of Port Hedland, our world-class operation is the only independent iron ore business with West Australian majority ownership. With a defined mineralisation of more than 2.4 billion tonnes of high grade iron ore, enough to sustain a mine life of more than 20 years, Roy Hill is introducing a new wave of innovation, technology and knowledge to Australia’s iron ore industry.
‘The Real Us’
Roy Hill’s purpose built, world-class mine processing plant is the largest and most advanced single feed plant in the Pilbara and utilises low risk, proven technology to process 55Mtpa (Wet) of lump and fines iron ore.
Our Processing Operations leadership team is now seeking a Superintendent Maintenance Mechanical to join the team on an 8:6 Roster from Perth. You will responsible for providing leadership and direction for the integration of the maintenance elements of the Mine Processing Fixed Plant facilities to maintain a sustainable operating entity. The role will need to incorporate all aspects of a Reliability Centred Maintenance (RCM) philosophy, whilst promoting and fostering good relationships within the Roy Hill organisation, and motivating the maintenance professionals to surpass the maintenance department key performance indicators.
Accountabilities will include: -
- Responsible for asset management, cost control, time control, quality control, purchasing, contract administration and general site administration
- Takes corrective action if significant deviations from the budget or project plan occur
- Manage and report on the risk management, and escalate any significant risks through to the relevant stakeholders
- Ensure development of bill of materials (BOM), task base spare parts and critical spares holdings strategies for the required maintenance areas
- Develop budgets and forecasts for Maintenance Planning activities and assist the Manager Fixed Plant Maintenance with the creation of overall department budgets
- Ensure monitoring of all planned contractor work activities for efficient and cost-effective use of resources
- Assist the Manager Fixed Plant Maintenance in identifying and implementing initiatives that contribute to current and potential value to the business from a maintenance planning perspective, ensuring compliance to the Change Management Procedure
- Constantly seek opportunities to improve people, processes and equipment.
- Ensure the management of change is rigorously applied
‘The Real You’
For you to achieve outstanding results in this position, you will be an experienced leader within the areas of mechanical maintenance along with the following: -
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering or similar technical field or an appropriate trade qualification with a demonstrated combination of training and experience
- Demonstrated Fixed Plant Maintenance leadership experience preferably at demonstrated similar level of work
- Experience of maintenance related to materials handling equipment including large crushers, conveyor systems, screens, pumps, stackers, reclaimers and train loading
- Exposure to maintenance philosophies such as Reliability Centred Maintenance, Total Productive Maintenance, and Root Cause Analysis
- Fault-finding and problem solving with a "can-do" attitude, with knowledge of the Mines Safety & Inspection Act and Regulations
- Act in collaboration and cooperation with business areas in order to deliver business outcomes
- Experience with SAP or similar CMMS
‘The Real Offer’
Our people are the driving force behind the growth of the business and our success. We are committed to attracting and retaining people who have the right mix of skills, knowledge, leadership and motivation to operate one of Australia’s largest and most innovative integrated iron ore mining, rail and port operations.
Roy Hill offers rewarding careers, generous benefits, and a unique opportunity to join a dynamic workplace where collaboration, innovation, agility and personal leadership empowers you to perform at your best.
Roy Hill is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages indigenous Australians and females to apply. We promote cultural diversity, gender equality and non- discrimination. To be eligible to apply for this role you must be legally permitted to work permanently in Australia.
Please note that unsolicited applications from recruitment agencies will not be accepted.