- Build your long-term career with a real iron ore player
- Excellent opportunity to work in a world class organisation
- Work on Australia's largest privately owned mine
Roy Hill represents the next generation of integrated iron ore mine, rail and port operations in the Pilbara region of Western Australia. Situated approximately 340 kilometres south east of Port Hedland, our world-class operation is the only independent iron ore business with West Australian majority ownership. With a defined mineralisation of more than 2.4 billion tonnes of high grade iron ore, enough to sustain a mine life of more than 20 years, Roy Hill is introducing a new wave of innovation, technology and knowledge to Australia’s iron ore industry.
‘The Real Us’
The Roy Hill mine is the largest single-pit iron ore mine in Australia and has an initial mine life of 17 years, with a likely extension beyond that of 12 years. Roy Hill is an owner operator, conventional open pit, drill and blast, truck and excavator bulk mining operation. Scope is the delivery of a new 25Mtpa Crushing, Overland Conveying, and Non-Process Infrastructure at ROM 3 to meet the requirements of the Life of Mine Plan. Working closely with Advisor Cost, the purpose of this role is to tract, monitor and advise on Project costs and reporting. This project position is offered on 18 month contract basis.
[A brief summary of the prime function of this position. This should be a short paragraph which describes the overall purpose of the position and how it contributes to the objectives of the business]
Accountabilities will include:
- Monitor and audit project cost systems and reporting methodology
- Managing cost and risk on the project scope including cost planning and estimating
- Reading and interpreting engineering drawings and 3D models and extrapolating relevant data
- Producing detailed cost plans, cost models and estimates to be used as a basis for commercial reporting and decision-making
- Conduct regular remeasures in order to monitor progress and assess the value of work/variations etc
- Complete regular cost reconciliations and cost forecasts on reimbursable and target cost contracts
- General contract administration tasks such as updating internal databases, issuing and responding to correspondence etc.
- Managing contracts by application of the relevant terms and conditions as well as managing pricing variations
‘The Real You’
- Tertiary qualification (Degree) in accounting or a similar discipline
- Experience with cost control, accounting or project administration
- Ability to communicate effectively with people at all levels in the organisation
- Strong computer skills (Microsoft Office suite)
- Able to develop relationships with team members and other key relationships
- Excellent communications skills both verbal and written
- Planning, prioritising and organising skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
We are looking for people who appreciate and align with our culture, demonstrate our values of lead, care, think, perform and that are looking to work for an innovative, world-class operation. If you meet the above key requirements, have a positive mindset, are willing to work hard and perform as part of a committed and supportive team - apply now.
‘The Real Offer’
Our people are the driving force behind our success. We are committed to attracting and retaining people who have the right mix of skills, knowledge, leadership and motivation to operate one of Australia’s largest and most innovative integrated iron ore mining, rail and port operations. We reward performance and loyalty and offer a range of generous benefits.
We understand that there are many important areas in your life, and work is only one of these. We are committed to supporting you in all aspects, by providing even time site rosters, generous bonus schemes, industry-leading career support, learning and development opportunities, and lifestyle and recreation activities for you and your family to enjoy.
We respect and value the diversity of our people and believe our differences strengthen our business. We are committed to providing an inclusive work environment, where everyone is treated fairly and with respect. We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage applications from Indigenous Australians, women and minority groups.
Please note, to be eligible to work at Roy Hill, you must be legally permitted to work permanently in Australia.
Unsolicited applications from recruitment agencies will not be accepted.