- Build your long-term career with a real iron ore player
- Excellent opportunity to work in a world class organisation
- Work on Australia's largest privately owned mine
Roy Hill represents the next generation of integrated iron ore mine, rail and port operations in the Pilbara region of Western Australia. Situated approximately 340 kilometres south east of Port Hedland, our world-class operation is the only independent iron ore business with West Australian majority ownership. With a defined mineralisation of more than 2.4 billion tonnes of high grade iron ore, enough to sustain a mine life of more than 20 years, Roy Hill is introducing a new wave of innovation, technology and knowledge to Australia’s iron ore industry.
‘The Real Us’
The Roy Hill mine is the largest single-pit iron ore mine in Australia and has an initial mine life of 17 years, with a likely extension beyond that of 12 years. Roy Hill is an owner operator, conventional open pit, drill and blast, truck and excavator bulk mining operation. This role will be responsible for providing emergency management and security support to support operations. This includes developing and implementing the emergency management and security systems, training and execution strategies across Mine, Port and Rail.
Accountabilities will include:
- Provide strong, visible leadership to the Emergency & Security team by demonstrating and facilitating Roy Hill core values
- Develop and implement emergency management plans for all operational sites to ensure Roy Hill can manage identified emergency situations
- Develop and implement strategic security management plans that reduce the risk of identified security scenarios taking place in all areas of the business, complete with supporting procedures
- Coordinate risk assessments to identify emergency scenarios, and security risks that could affect site operations
- Reviewing training programs and content to ensure sufficient onsite training of operational emergency personnel is being undertaken
- Coach and mentor all operational emergency services officers to ensure the Roy Hill emergency response plans are understood and implemented
- Oversee development and provision of access control systems to all facilities for access and egress of Roy Hill staff, contractors and visitors and ensure integrity is maintained
‘The Real You’
- Previous supervisor experience in a similar emergency and security role within the resources industry
- Cert III in Public Safety or equivalent
- Experience in the development and implementation of Emergency and Security Management Systems
- Knowledge of relevant Australian Standards and Australian Inter-Service Incident Management system (AIIMS)
- Knowledge and understanding of legislative and regulatory frameworks
- Experience with the implementation of a risk management processes
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of how Access Control and Closed-Circuit Television systems operate
We are looking for people who appreciate and align with our culture, demonstrate our values of lead, care, think, perform and that are looking to work for an innovative, world-class operation. If you meet the above key requirements, have a positive mindset, are willing to work hard and perform as part of a committed and supportive team - apply now.
‘The Real Offer’
Our people are the driving force behind our success. We are committed to attracting and retaining people who have the right mix of skills, knowledge, leadership and motivation to operate one of Australia’s largest and most innovative integrated iron ore mining, rail and port operations. We reward performance and loyalty and offer a range of generous benefits.
We understand that there are many important areas in your life, and work is only one of these. We are committed to supporting you in all aspects, by providing even time site rosters, generous bonus schemes, industry-leading career support, learning and development opportunities, and lifestyle and recreation activities for you and your family to enjoy.
We respect and value the diversity of our people and believe our differences strengthen our business. We are committed to providing an inclusive work environment, where everyone is treated fairly and with respect. We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage applications from Indigenous Australians, women and minority groups.
Please note, to be eligible to work at Roy Hill, you must be legally permitted to work permanently in Australia.
Unsolicited applications from recruitment agencies will not be accepted.