- Real opportunity for career progression in a growing organisation
- Outstanding opportunity to be part of new and exciting projects including WHIMs & Beneficiation
- Perth Based – Regular Site Travel
Roy Hill represents the next generation of integrated iron ore mine, rail and port operations in the Pilbara region of Western Australia. Situated approximately 340 kilometres south east of Port Hedland, our world-class operation is the only independent iron ore business with West Australian majority ownership. With a defined mineralisation of more than 2.4 billion tonnes of high grade iron ore, enough to sustain a mine life of more than 20 years, Roy Hill is introducing a new wave of innovation, technology and knowledge to Australia’s iron ore industry.
‘The Real Us’
Roy Hill’s Perth-based integrated Corporate Headquarters and Remote Operations Centre (ROC) provides end to end integration of our operations, marketing and corporate services functions.
Our Engineering Services leadership team is now seeking a Manager Engineering Civil / Structural to join the team. The primary purpose of the role is to support Roy Hill to meet its business targets through providing: -
- Civil and Structural engineering support across Port, Rail and Mine operations
- Civil and Structural engineering input to Roy Hill projects
- Governance of Civil and Structural engineering standards and practice across Roy Hill operations
Accountabilities will include: -
- Be the lead Civil and Structural Engineer for Roy Hill’s business
- Take accountability for the solution of those significant civil and structural engineering issues in the business which cannot be resolved locally
- By monitoring external developments and through in-depth knowledge of Roy Hill plant and equipment, identify and define opportunities to improve Roy Hill productivity, costs and civil and structural infrastructure risks
- Provide a conduit between operations personnel and external civil and structural engineering expertise
- Provide technical leadership to the civil and structural engineers in the business and set direction for civil and structural engineering practice
- Conduct civil and structural engineering studies
- Monitor key civil and structural aspects of the Roy Hill operation to ensure good governance
- Manage Roy Hill’s civil and structural engineering standards
‘The Real You’
For you to achieve outstanding results in this position, you will be an experienced Civil / Structural Engineering professional along with the following: -
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering
- Demonstrated relevant experience in large scale projects and mining maintenance / operations
- Advanced problem-solving skills with the ability to get past the obvious to identify root causes
- Sound knowledge of mining operations from pit to port with a solid understanding of operational requirements and priorities
- The ability to anticipate and manage issues; bringing authority and influence to the team; and being able to leverage lessons learned from past experiences
- The ability to communicate complex technical concepts to business owners, key stakeholders, peers and other audiences
‘The Real Offer’
Our people are the driving force behind the growth of the business and our success. We are committed to attracting and retaining people who have the right mix of skills, knowledge, leadership and motivation to operate one of Australia’s largest and most innovative integrated iron ore mining, rail and port operations.
Roy Hill offers rewarding careers, generous benefits, and a unique opportunity to join a dynamic workplace where collaboration, innovation, agility and personal leadership empowers you to perform at your best.
Roy Hill is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages indigenous Australians and females to apply. We promote cultural diversity, gender equality and non- discrimination. To be eligible to apply for this role you must be legally permitted to work permanently in Australia.
Please note that unsolicited applications from recruitment agencies will not be accepted.