- Immerse yourself in an inclusive, diverse and supportive culture
- FIFO - Port Hedland – 8:6 Roster or Residential
- Outstanding opportunity to work with a high performing iron ore business
Roy Hill represents the next generation of integrated iron ore mine, rail and port operations in the Pilbara region of Western Australia. Situated approximately 340 kilometres south east of Port Hedland, our world-class operation is the only independent iron ore business with West Australian majority ownership. With a defined mineralisation of more than 2.4 billion tonnes of high grade iron ore, enough to sustain a mine life of more than 20 years, Roy Hill is introducing a new wave of innovation, technology and knowledge to Australia’s iron ore industry.
‘The Real Us’
Roy Hill’s independently owned and operated railway is a 344km standard gauge, single line, heavy haul railway built to transport 55Mtpa of iron ore from the Roy Hill Mine to the dedicated Port stockyard facility in Port Hedland. Utilising state-of-the-art train loading systems and the fastest rail car dumpers, the Rail division is a leading example of our innovation and technology investments.
Our Rail operations leadership team is now seeking a Specialist Engineer Electrical to join the team.
The primary purpose of the Specialist Engineer Electrical is to work with the Rollingstock Maintenance team to fault-find and solve problems leading to improved safety, reliability and reduced costs. The Specialist Engineer Electrical will develop high quality maintenance procedures and maintenance tactics (using Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) recommendations and Reliability Centred Maintenance (RCM) methodology) required for maintenance operations and Phase 3 approval to operate for Roy Hill Railway. The Specialist Engineer Electrical will drive the improvement of equipment reliability, lead improvement teams, and use Root Cause Analysis to solve equipment and process problems.
Accountabilities will include: -
- Take the lead for developing and improving maintenance tactics in the relevant Electrical discipline
- Use the RCM methodology to identify failure modes and then determine tactics to actively manage the way the equipment fails, targeting minimisation/ elimination of unscheduled losses
- Document high quality maintenance procedures as required for maintenance operations and Phase 3 Accreditation requirements
- Monitor procedures to ensure they are effectively and efficiently carried out and report on quality of maintenance execution
- Develop, implement, monitor, report and improve the effectiveness of Condition Monitoring (CM) Programmes including on board electronics and remote monitoring of locomotives
- Lead improvement teams using RCA (root cause analysis) to identify and implement practical solutions
- Mentor Rolling Stock Maintenance teams as they carry out change management for improvements
- Be the person people go to for in-depth rolling stock maintenance electrical engineering information and respond in a supportive manner providing coaching in the development of trade staff technical skills
‘The Real You’
For you to achieve outstanding results in this position, you will be an experienced Specialist Electrical Engineer within Rail along with the following: -
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering
- Demonstrated electrical engineering experience in rolling stock
- Knowledge of rolling stock maintenance requirements
- High level of technical document writing experience
- Strong analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills
‘The Real Offer’
Our people are the driving force behind the growth of the business and our success. We are committed to attracting and retaining people who have the right mix of skills, knowledge, leadership and motivation to operate one of Australia’s largest and most innovative integrated iron ore mining, rail and port operations.
Roy Hill offers rewarding careers, generous benefits, and a unique opportunity to join a dynamic workplace where collaboration, innovation, agility and personal leadership empowers you to perform at your best.
Roy Hill is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages indigenous Australians and females to apply. We promote cultural diversity, gender equality and non- discrimination. To be eligible to apply for this role you must be legally permitted to work permanently in Australia.
Please note that unsolicited applications from recruitment agencies will not be accepted.