- Seeking a Technician Track Maintainer specialising in High-Rail operations to work within our Rail team.
- Immerse yourself in an inclusive, diverse and supportive culture
- Even-time Roster
Roy Hill represents the next generation of integrated iron ore mine, rail and port operations in the Pilbara region of Western Australia. Situated approximately 340 kilometres south east of Port Hedland, our world-class operation is the only independent iron ore business with West Australian majority ownership. With a defined mineralisation of more than 2.4 billion tonnes of high grade iron ore, enough to sustain a mine life of more than 20 years, Roy Hill is introducing a new wave of innovation, technology and knowledge to Australia’s iron ore industry.
‘The Real Us’
The Roy Hill mine is the largest single-pit iron ore mine in Australia and has an initial mine life of 17 years, with a likely extension beyond that of 12 years. Roy Hill is an owner operator, conventional open pit, drill and blast, truck and excavator bulk mining operation.
Roy Hill’s independently owned and operated railway is a 344km standard gauge, single line, heavy haul railway built to transport 55Mtpa of iron ore from the Roy Hill Mine to the dedicated Port stockyard facility in Port Hedland. Utilising state-of-the-art train loading systems and the fastest rail car dumpers, the Rail division is a leading example of our innovation and technology investments.
Roy Hill’s purpose built, world-class iron ore port facility at Port Hedland is capable of receiving, stockpiling, screening and exporting 60Mtpa of iron ore as lump and fines and has been designed to accommodate possible future expansio
Roy Hill is now seeking an experienced Track Maintainer to be an integral part of the Wayside team and carry out track maintenance requirements.
In this role, your responsibilities will include:
- Ensure the necessary maintenance processes, procedures and standards are in place.
- Undertake planned and reactive maintenance activities within the track team.
- Playing a pivotal role in ensuring the Roy Hill Rail Network is maintained in a safe and effective manner in line with the required standards.
‘The Real You’
As a self-motivated, experienced and enthusiastic Track Maintainer you are an active team player. Along with this you will have the flexibility to adapt in an environment with constantly changing priorities and a willingness to learn new skills and develop your experience.
You will also have:
- Experience in track maintenance activities, capable of managing works and fulfilling the role of Acting Supervisor.
- The ability to operate hi-rail plant and Roy Hill plant (17t hi-rail excavator, 8t tracked excavator, 15t Front End Loader, 26t Front End Loader, 4t skid steer loader, 10t tele-handler, EWP).
- Experience with operation of HC vehicles and small plant and tools, welding offsiders and any of the plant listed above.
- A current C Class drivers licence and a Certificate 2 in Rail Infrastructure
‘The Real Offer’
Our people are the driving force behind our success. We are committed to attracting and retaining people who have the right mix of skills, knowledge, leadership and motivation to operate one of Australia’s largest and most innovative integrated iron ore mining, rail and port operations. We reward performance and loyalty and offer a range of generous benefits.
We understand that there are many important areas in your life, and work is only one of these. We are committed to supporting you in all aspects, by providing even time site rosters, generous bonus schemes, industry-leading career support, learning and development opportunities, and lifestyle and recreation activities for you and your family to enjoy.
We respect and value the diversity of our people and believe our differences strengthen our business. We are committed to providing an inclusive work environment, where everyone is treated fairly and with respect. We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage applications from Indigenous Australians, women and minority groups.
Please note, to be eligible to work at Roy Hill, you must be legally permitted to work permanently in Australia.
Unsolicited applications from recruitment agencies will not be accepted.