- Seeking an Advisor Communications I Perth
- Immerse yourself in an inclusive, diverse and supportive culture.
- Outstanding opportunity to work with a high performing iron ore business
Roy Hill represents the next generation of integrated iron ore mine, rail and port operations in the Pilbara region of Western Australia. Situated approximately 340 kilometres south east of Port Hedland, our world-class operation is the only independent iron ore business with West Australian majority ownership. With a defined mineralisation of more than 2.4 billion tonnes of high grade iron ore, enough to sustain a mine life of more than 20 years, Roy Hill is introducing a new wave of innovation, technology and knowledge to Australia’s iron ore industry.
‘The Real Us’
The Roy Hill mine is the largest single-pit iron ore mine in Australia and has an initial mine life of 17 years, with a likely extension beyond that of 12 years. Roy Hill is an owner operator, conventional open pit, drill and blast, truck and excavator bulk mining operation. Reporting to the Manager Government Relations & Communications the Advisor Communications is responsible for advising and supporting stakeholders across the business to communicate effectively and aligned to best practice. This role is also accountable for developing, implementing and evaluating internal communication campaigns aimed at engaging employees to deliver on the Roy Hill vision, while protecting and promoting Roy Hill’s reputation both internally and externally.
Accountabilities will include:
- Understanding drivers and concerns of key stakeholders and influencing effectively to achieve required business outcomes.
- Developing and implementing communication strategies and plans, aligned to best practice, to deliver specific business outcomes.
- Promoting the appropriate use of Roy Hill’s suite of internal communications channels based on the business message, business need and timing priority.
- Measuring the effectiveness of internal communication campaigns and channels, using this insight to adjust strategies and plans to achieve the required outcomes.
- Building and maintaining relationships with employees at all levels across the business to understand employee sentiment and capture potential issues.
‘The Real You’
- Tertiary qualified or equivalent relevant experience in a communications, media or public affairs discipline.
- Minimum two years’ experience in an internal communications role in any industry or sector.
- Experience in successfully developing, implementing and evaluating internal engagement and communications campaigns.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively influence stakeholders at all levels.
We are looking for people who appreciate and align with our culture, demonstrate our values of lead, care, think, perform and that are looking to work for an innovative, world-class operation. If you meet the above key requirements, have a positive mindset, are willing to work hard and perform as part of a committed and supportive team - apply now.
‘The Real Offer’
Our people are the driving force behind our success. We are committed to attracting and retaining people who have the right mix of skills, knowledge, leadership and motivation to operate one of Australia’s largest and most innovative integrated iron ore mining, rail and port operations. We reward performance and loyalty and offer a range of generous benefits.
We understand that there are many important areas in your life, and work is only one of these. We are committed to supporting you in all aspects, by providing even time site rosters, generous bonus schemes, industry-leading career support, learning and development opportunities, and lifestyle and recreation activities for you and your family to enjoy.
We respect and value the diversity of our people and believe our differences strengthen our business. We are committed to providing an inclusive work environment, where everyone is treated fairly and with respect. We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage applications from Indigenous Australians, women and minority groups.
Please note, to be eligible to work at Roy Hill, you must be legally permitted to work permanently in Australia.
Unsolicited applications from recruitment agencies will not be accepted.