- Immerse yourself in an inclusive, diverse and supportive culture
- FIFO - Port Hedland – 5:2 / 4:3 / 4:3 / 8:6 Roster or Residential
- Outstanding opportunity to work with a high performing iron ore business
Roy Hill represents the next generation of integrated iron ore mine, rail and port operations in the Pilbara region of Western Australia. Situated approximately 340 kilometres south east of Port Hedland, our world-class operation is the only independent iron ore business with West Australian majority ownership. With a defined mineralisation of more than 2.4 billion tonnes of high grade iron ore, enough to sustain a mine life of more than 20 years, Roy Hill is introducing a new wave of innovation, technology and knowledge to Australia’s iron ore industry.
‘The Real Us’
Roy Hill’s independently owned and operated railway is a 344km standard gauge, single line, heavy haul railway built to transport 55Mtpa of iron ore from the Roy Hill Mine to the dedicated Port stockyard facility in Port Hedland. Utilising state-of-the-art train loading systems and the fastest rail car dumpers, the Rail division is a leading example of our innovation and technology investments.
Our Rail operations leadership team is now seeking a Superintendent Rail Engineering to join the team.
The Superintendent Rail Engineering will be part of the Rail Engineering team reporting directly to the Manager Rail Engineering. This pivotal role will provide technical advice across the immediate team and the broader Rail operations and will have influence over related track infrastructure, rolling stock and civils.
This role will ensure that compliance to defined technical standards is maintained for all engineering aspects across Rail to ensure the business operates in a safe and cost-effective manner to meet business production targets. The Superintendent will ensure that a high level of engagement and support from the team is provided to the entire Rail group at every opportunity.
Accountabilities will include: -
- Provide civil and railway engineering expertise to the team
- Lead the analysis, risk assessment and mitigation on sensitive rail assets and manage the implementation of mitigation measures required
- Monitor and evaluation of asset trend data and make recommendations for appropriate actions
- Monitor maintenance performance to verify that the defined standards are being followed
- Identify and recommend projects and direct activities leading to continuous improvement of safety, costs and production
- Monitor asset performance against the required level of reliability and availability and provide recommendations for rectification as appropriate
- Maintain a sound knowledge of industry trends and developments
- Provide technical input to the Manager Rail Engineering and the Asset Manager for RHIO for the development of maintenance strategies and procedures aimed at ensuring safe and efficient facilities and infrastructure
‘The Real You’
For you to achieve outstanding results in this position, you will be an experienced Rail professional along with the following: -
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or similar
- Demonstrated relevant experience
- Strong analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills
‘The Real Offer’
Our people are the driving force behind the growth of the business and our success. We are committed to attracting and retaining people who have the right mix of skills, knowledge, leadership and motivation to operate one of Australia’s largest and most innovative integrated iron ore mining, rail and port operations.
Roy Hill offers rewarding careers, generous benefits, and a unique opportunity to join a dynamic workplace where collaboration, innovation, agility and personal leadership empowers you to perform at your best.
Roy Hill is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages indigenous Australians and females to apply. We promote cultural diversity, gender equality and non- discrimination. To be eligible to apply for this role you must be legally permitted to work permanently in Australia.
Please note that unsolicited applications from recruitment agencies will not be accepted.