- Immerse yourself in an inclusive, diverse and supportive culture
- Perth Based
- Outstanding opportunity to work with a high performing iron ore business
Roy Hill represents the next generation of integrated iron ore mine, rail and port operations in the Pilbara region of Western Australia. Situated approximately 340 kilometres south east of Port Hedland, our world-class operation is the only independent iron ore business with West Australian majority ownership. With a defined mineralisation of more than 2.4 billion tonnes of high grade iron ore, enough to sustain a mine life of more than 20 years, Roy Hill is introducing a new wave of innovation, technology and knowledge to Australia’s iron ore industry.
‘The Real Us’
Roy Hill’s independently owned and operated railway is a 344km standard gauge, single line, heavy haul railway built to transport 55Mtpa of iron ore from the Roy Hill Mine to the dedicated Port stockyard facility in Port Hedland. Utilising state-of-the-art train loading systems and the fastest rail car dumpers, the Rail division is a leading example of our innovation and technology investments.
Our Rail operations leadership team is now seeking a Manager Rail Governance & Improvement to join the team.
The Manager Rail Governance and Improvement will be accountable for and lead a multi-skilled team of professionals in Rail Safe Working, Train Control, Governance and Improvement and be responsible for ensuring the development, implementation, improvement & governance of relevant assets and services across the Rail sites and operations.
The Manager Rail Governance and Improvement will support the Head of Rail Operations by providing leadership, guidance and direction. This will include creating and implementing strategies and change management plans that minimise resistance and maximise employee engagement. The role will work to drive faster adoption, greater utilisation, and higher proficiency from our people such that the business results are achieved.
This role will also require the developing and consolidating of a strong safety culture; the preparation of standards, policies and procedures; the development of budgets and appropriate operational strategies; maintaining compliance to regulatory requirements; and, participating in design reviews, commissioning and acceptance sign off.
Accountabilities will include: -
- Provide strong, visible leadership to the immediate team and the wider Rail team
- Provide advice and report to the Head of Rail Operations on operational and Safety performance
- Conduct business readiness assessments, evaluate results and present findings in a logical and easy-to-understand manner
- Provide operational and maintenance input into annual department planning
- Lead Change Management across Rail and assist the Smart Mine Program in the transition into business operations to ensure the business benefits are realised
- Support the execution of change management plans with business leaders
- Develop tools and systems to provide critical maintenance information to the Head of Rail Operations and make recommendations on both strategy and operations
- Develop and implement strategies that deliver, target availability and reliability as set and agreed with the Head of Rail Operations
- Develop and implement business processes required to maintain and improve the operational and maintenance department outputs
- Resolve priorities in conformance with short-term and long-term business goals
- Initiate projects and direct activities leading to continuous improvement of safety and production
- Ensure that cost controls are congruent with organisational objectives
- Provide advice and direction to the execution leadership team to ensure all direct reports are aligned to the strategic plans put in place by the Head of Rail Operations
Manage, with discipline, the operational and capital budgets, demonstrating financial prudence and ensuring all team members operate in the same manner
‘The Real You’
For you to achieve outstanding results in this position, you will be an experienced leader within the areas of Rail Governance & Improvements along with the following: -
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering, Commerce, Logistics, or a similar technical field; or an equivalent trade qualification with a demonstrated combination of training and experience
- Demonstrated experience in a senior leadership role in a Safe working, Operations or Improvement environment
- experience in large scale heavy industry, preferably in the mining and resources industry
- Experience in Operations and Governance
- Previous involvement in large iron ore operations across Mine, Rail and Port
- Exposure to Project Management philosophies
- Good knowledge of applicable legislation and industry leading practice, including audit process
- Demonstrated ability to manage complexity in a rapidly changing business environment
‘The Real Offer’
Our people are the driving force behind the growth of the business and our success. We are committed to attracting and retaining people who have the right mix of skills, knowledge, leadership and motivation to operate one of Australia’s largest and most innovative integrated iron ore mining, rail and port operations.
Roy Hill offers rewarding careers, generous benefits, and a unique opportunity to join a dynamic workplace where collaboration, innovation, agility and personal leadership empowers you to perform at your best.
Roy Hill is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages indigenous Australians and females to apply. We promote cultural diversity, gender equality and non- discrimination. To be eligible to apply for this role you must be legally permitted to work permanently in Australia.
Please note that unsolicited applications from recruitment agencies will not be accepted.