- Immerse yourself in an inclusive, diverse and supportive culture
- Perth Based
- Outstanding opportunity to work with a high performing iron ore business
Roy Hill represents the next generation of integrated iron ore mine, rail and port operations in the Pilbara region of Western Australia. Situated approximately 340 kilometres south east of Port Hedland, our world-class operation is the only independent iron ore business with West Australian majority ownership. With a defined mineralisation of more than 2.4 billion tonnes of high grade iron ore, enough to sustain a mine life of more than 20 years, Roy Hill is introducing a new wave of innovation, technology and knowledge to Australia’s iron ore industry.
‘The Real Us’
The Roy Hill mine is the largest single-pit iron ore mine in Australia and has an initial mine life of 17 years, with a likely extension beyond that of 12 years. Roy Hill is an owner operator, conventional open pit, drill and blast, truck and excavator bulk mining operation.
Our Technical Services leadership team is now seeking a Metallurgist Project to join the team.
The Metallurgist Project will support Roy Hill to meet its business targets through providing expert technical support to the Technical Services, Mine Processing and Port teams.
In addition to providing technical support to operations, the Metallurgist Project will be responsible for process deliverables for longer term plant improvements and expansions. The role will require close liaison with the other departments in technical services to provide technically robust process designs for beneficiation and recovery initiatives.
Accountabilities will include: -
- Take accountability for the solution of those significant processing issues in the business which cannot be resolved locally
- Provide processing support to Port, Rail, Process Plant and Mine
- Monitor key processing aspects of Roy Hill mine processing plant and port and advise regarding best practice
- Identify opportunities for debottlenecking, develop business cases and define projects to implement
- Find solutions to processing problems affecting Roy Hill risk management, productivity or costs
- By monitoring external developments and through in-depth knowledge of Roy Hill plant and equipment, identify and define opportunities to improve Roy Hill productivity, costs and fixed plant, rail and infrastructure risks
- Provide a conduit between operations personnel and external processing expertise
‘The Real You’
For you to achieve outstanding results in this position, you will be an experienced Metallurgist along with the following: -
- Tertiary Qualification/s – Bachelor’s degree in Chemical Engineering or Metallurgy
- Experience in projects and production
- Previous involvement in large iron ore operations particularly commissioning and ramp up
- Exposure to Iron Ore Beneficiation studies. Conceptual development of flow sheets for processes / Plant Design
- Experience in Development of Mass Balances, Equipment Lists, Water Balances and Process Design Criteria
- Exposure to Magnetic Separation technologies
- Exposure to Process Modelling, Process Plant Optimisation and Improvements
- Sound knowledge of mining operations from pit to port with a solid understanding of operational requirements and priorities
- The ability to communicate complex technical concepts to business owners, key stakeholders, peers and other audiences
- Strong skills using software applications such as Visio, Excel, Word & PowerPoint
‘The Real Offer’
Our people are the driving force behind the growth of the business and our success. We are committed to attracting and retaining people who have the right mix of skills, knowledge, leadership and motivation to operate one of Australia’s largest and most innovative integrated iron ore mining, rail and port operations.
Roy Hill offers rewarding careers, generous benefits, and a unique opportunity to join a dynamic workplace where collaboration, innovation, agility and personal leadership empowers you to perform at your best.
Roy Hill is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages indigenous Australians and females to apply. We promote cultural diversity, gender equality and non- discrimination. To be eligible to apply for this role you must be legally permitted to work permanently in Australia.
Please note that unsolicited applications from recruitment agencies will not be accepted.