- Immerse yourself in an inclusive, diverse and supportive culture
- FIFO - Port Hedland - 8:6 Roster
- Outstanding opportunity to work with a high performing iron ore business
Roy Hill represents the next generation of integrated iron ore mine, rail and port operations in the Pilbara region of Western Australia. Situated approximately 340 kilometres south east of Port Hedland, our world-class operation is the only independent iron ore business with West Australian majority ownership. With a defined mineralisation of more than 2.4 billion tonnes of high grade iron ore, enough to sustain a mine life of more than 20 years, Roy Hill is introducing a new wave of innovation, technology and knowledge to Australia’s iron ore industry.
‘The Real Us’
Roy Hill’s independently owned and operated railway is a 344km standard gauge, single line, heavy haul railway built to transport 55Mtpa of iron ore from the Roy Hill Mine to the dedicated Port stockyard facility in Port Hedland. Utilising state-of-the-art train loading systems and the fastest rail car dumpers, the Rail division is a leading example of our innovation and technology investments.
Our Rail operations leadership team is now seeking an Engineer Track & Civil to join the team.
The primary purpose of this role is to provide technical rail infrastructure expertise and advice to the Wayside Maintenance team in relation to operation, maintenance and repair of railway infrastructure. This role will be required to follow the necessary processes, procedures and standards to ensure the Roy Hill Rail Network is maintained in a safe and effective manner.
A key requirement is the ability to analyse data and identify infrastructure trends, defects or problems in a timely manner. This role requires a high level of integrity to ensure the railway track asset is maintained in accordance with the safety, reliability, environmental standards and statutory requirements and is safe for passage the of rail traffic.
Accountabilities will include: -
- Carry out regular inspections of the rail infrastructure and ensure defects are appropriately managed and recorded in the relevant computer systems
- Assist the Rail Track Condition Monitoring Engineer with the analysis of data from the track recording vehicle
- Ensure the track is safe for the passage of trains and recommend speed restrictions as and where required
- Provide technical input into the development of strategy, process, procedures, systems and tools required for maintenance and inspection activities
- Provide rail inspection expertise to the wayside infrastructure team
- Monitor asset performance against the required level of reliability and availability and provide recommendations for rectifications as appropriate
- Monitor equipment wear rates and create notifications to enable maintenance to schedule corrective actions
- Assist in resolving maintenance priorities in conformance with short-term and long-term production goals
‘The Real You’
For you to achieve outstanding results in this position, you will be an experienced Engineer along with the following: -
- Bachelor’s degree qualification in a relevant Engineering field
- Demonstrable knowledge and experience of railways and condition monitoring systems
- Demonstrated knowledge in implementation and maintaining rail track condition monitoring maintenance data to assess future improvements
- Skills in risk management, cost optimisation, preventive maintenance optimisation, project management, and condition monitoring
- Understanding and managing rail inspections in accordance with applicable requirements and laws
- Proficient skills using software applications such as SAP Linear Asset Management
- Track measurement and track resurfacing skills
‘The Real Offer’
Our people are the driving force behind the growth of the business and our success. We are committed to attracting and retaining people who have the right mix of skills, knowledge, leadership and motivation to operate one of Australia’s largest and most innovative integrated iron ore mining, rail and port operations.
Roy Hill offers rewarding careers, generous benefits, and a unique opportunity to join a dynamic workplace where collaboration, innovation, agility and personal leadership empowers you to perform at your best.
Roy Hill is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages indigenous Australians and females to apply. We promote cultural diversity, gender equality and non- discrimination. To be eligible to apply for this role you must be legally permitted to work permanently in Australia.
Please note that unsolicited applications from recruitment agencies will not be accepted.