- Excellent opportunity to work in world class organisation
- Our people are engaged and committed to achieving results
- Located in Perth this role is offered on an 8/6 day only roster
Roy Hill represents the next generation of integrated iron ore mine, rail and port operations in the Pilbara region of Western Australia. Situated approximately 340 kilometres south east of Port Hedland, our world-class operation is the only independent iron ore business with West Australian majority ownership. With a defined mineralisation of more than 2.4 billion tonnes of high grade iron ore, enough to sustain a mine life of more than 20 years, Roy Hill is introducing a new wave of innovation, technology and knowledge to Australia’s iron ore industry.
‘The Real Us’
The Roy Hill mine is the largest single-pit iron ore mine in Australia and has an initial mine life of 17 years, with a likely extension beyond that of 12 years. Roy Hill is an owner operator, conventional open pit, drill and blast, truck and excavator bulk mining operation. Reporting into the Communications Superintendent the primary purpose of this role is to ensure the stability, integrity, high availability and efficient operation of the Radio Frequency (RF) networks.
Accountabilities will include:
- Support, maintenance and optimisation of the existing in-pit Wi-Fi network, TETRA network and assisting in the design of future LTE network (skillset dependent).
‘The Real You’
- Minimum of a Certificate IV, Trade Certificate or Diploma in a Technology related field which is in accordance with the Australian Qualifications Framework or r extensively demonstrated experience in similar roles, although not a prerequisite, a bachelor’s degree in STEM preferred;
- Experience in a networking and communications support role in mining / manufacturing or similar engineering intensive industries
- Previous experience in RF planning and RF planning tools; RF Desktop studies, path profiling and link budgeting for Wi-Fi, Microwave, TETRA, LTE environments.
We are looking for people who appreciate and align with our culture, demonstrate our values of lead, care, think, perform and that are looking to work for an innovative, world-class operation. If you meet the above key requirements, have a positive mindset, are willing to work hard and perform as part of a committed and supportive team - apply now.
‘The Real Offer’
Our people are the driving force behind our success. We are committed to attracting and retaining people who have the right mix of skills, knowledge, leadership and motivation to operate one of Australia’s largest and most innovative integrated iron ore mining, rail and port operations. We reward performance and loyalty and offer a range of generous benefits.
We understand that there are many important areas in your life, and work is only one of these. We are committed to supporting you in all aspects, by providing even time site rosters, generous bonus schemes, industry-leading career support, learning and development opportunities, and lifestyle and recreation activities for you and your family to enjoy.
We respect and value the diversity of our people and believe our differences strengthen our business. We are committed to providing an inclusive work environment, where everyone is treated fairly and with respect. We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage applications from Indigenous Australians, women and minority groups.
Please note, to be eligible to work at Roy Hill, you must be legally permitted to work permanently in Australia.
Unsolicited applications from recruitment agencies will not be accepted.