- Immerse yourself in an inclusive, diverse and supportive culture
- Perth Based
- Outstanding opportunity to work with a high performing iron ore business
Roy Hill represents the next generation of integrated iron ore mine, rail and port operations in the Pilbara region of Western Australia. Situated approximately 340 kilometres south east of Port Hedland, our world-class operation is the only independent iron ore business with West Australian majority ownership. With a defined mineralisation of more than 2.4 billion tonnes of high grade iron ore, enough to sustain a mine life of more than 20 years, Roy Hill is introducing a new wave of innovation, technology and knowledge to Australia’s iron ore industry.
‘The Real Us’
The Roy Hill mine is the largest single-pit iron ore mine in Australia and has an initial mine life of 17 years, with a likely extension beyond that of 12 years. Roy Hill is an owner operator, conventional open pit, drill and blast, truck and excavator bulk mining operation.
Our Technical Services leadership team is now seeking a Superintendent Metallurgical Projects to join the team.
The Superintendent Metallurgical Projects will manage projects within the Metallurgical Development & Process Engineering Team and will be critical to ensure that Perth based expertise are shared with Site based operations to meet business critical objectives.
This role will lead initiatives that optimise plant yield, improve operational performance/efficiency and ensure product quality is maintained. These will be achieved by identifying, developing and delivering operational optimisation opportunities and to provide Metallurgical/Process expertise during project execution. This will be a Perth based role with travel to site as required on a project by project basis.
Accountabilities will include: -
- Critically review operating and technical data to measure and monitor the process plants operational efficiency
- Develop and lead metallurgical test work programs to identify areas for process improvement, and to aid in development of optimisation projects
- Lead initiatives to optimise process plant production and metallurgical objectives
- Develop project scopes and business cases to support project progression
- Effectively manage project budgets and manning. Cost effective management of external consultants and metallurgical laboratories
- Provide technical input in support of the operations processing to ensure product quality and production targets are met as needed
- Ensure new and emerging process technologies and trends are researched and explored
- Provide metallurgical and process design oversight on all related major projects and be a key resource for operations and internal business groups seeking technical support
‘The Real You’
For you to achieve outstanding results in this position, you will be an experienced Metallurgical Projects Specialist along with the following: -
- Degree in Metallurgy or Chemical Engineering
- Demonstrated leadership experience managing a team of technical professionals along with experience within Iron Ore in an Engineering or Metallurgy Function
- Strong understanding of Iron Ore Metallurgy and Processing
- Ability to scope, resource and manage deliverables of studies and project work
- Strong understanding of Iron Ore processing, plant design and commissioning
- Proven ability to interpret, analyse and present operational information in order to facilitate options to resolve complex issues
- Effective change management skills
- Sound financial analytical skills
- Exposure to metallurgical accounting systems and ability to analyse plant data
- Process modelling expertise
‘The Real Offer’
Our people are the driving force behind the growth of the business and our success. We are committed to attracting and retaining people who have the right mix of skills, knowledge, leadership and motivation to operate one of Australia’s largest and most innovative integrated iron ore mining, rail and port operations.
Roy Hill offers rewarding careers, generous benefits, and a unique opportunity to join a dynamic workplace where collaboration, innovation, agility and personal leadership empowers you to perform at your best.
Roy Hill is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages indigenous Australians and females to apply. We promote cultural diversity, gender equality and non- discrimination. To be eligible to apply for this role you must be legally permitted to work permanently in Australia.
Please note that unsolicited applications from recruitment agencies will not be accepted.