- Immerse yourself in an inclusive, diverse and supportive culture
- Perth Based
- Outstanding opportunity to work with a high performing iron ore business
Roy Hill represents the next generation of integrated iron ore mine, rail and port operations in the Pilbara region of Western Australia. Situated approximately 340 kilometres south east of Port Hedland, our world-class operation is the only independent iron ore business with West Australian majority ownership. With a defined mineralisation of more than 2.4 billion tonnes of high grade iron ore, enough to sustain a mine life of more than 20 years, Roy Hill is introducing a new wave of innovation, technology and knowledge to Australia’s iron ore industry.
‘The Real Us’
The Roy Hill mine is the largest single-pit iron ore mine in Australia and has an initial mine life of 17 years, with a likely extension beyond that of 12 years. Roy Hill is an owner operator, conventional open pit, drill and blast, truck and excavator bulk mining operation.
Our Technical Services leadership team is now seeking a Specialist Geometallurgical Planning to join the team.
This highly specialised and key technical role will manage various geo-metallurgical projects aimed at increasing ore-body knowledge and improving current planning systems. The person will be an integral member of the Technical Services team involved directly in resolving technical and operational issues that are limiting both throughput and the current grade-recovery position under the existing process by optimising existing processes linking geology, mining, processing and marketing. This role will be responsible for incorporation of geo-metallurgical data into existing resource and mining models that will assist Roy Hill Operations by providing better predictability from pit to customer and optimise the Roy Hill supply chain.
Accountabilities will include: -
- Effectively direct the Geometallurgy workgroup will all project aspects
- Lead the PQ drilling, compositing and sample preparation program to obtain geometallurgical data
- Develop and manage metallurgical testwork campaigns to understand geometallurgical characteristics and improve orebody knowledge
- Build relationships between head grades and product grades & yields in order to investigate and analyse core properties for metallurgical regressions and low-grade beneficiation work
- Provide design parameters for future projects by generating data representative of the variability in the different types of materials
- Understand product quality characteristics of future feeds to the plant to optimise product quality over life of mine
- Integrate Geometallurgical data into planning systems to optimise the RH demand system
- Generate Geometallurgical Models
- Provide technical input in support of the operations processing to ensure product quality and production targets are met as needed
‘The Real You’
For you to achieve outstanding results in this position, you will be experienced within Geometallurgical Planning along with the following: -
- Degree in Metallurgy or Chemical Engineering
- Strong understanding of Iron Ore Geometallurgy in the Pilbara
- Development of GeoMetallurgical algorithms and Regressions for product predictions to be used by Mine Planning and Resource Modelling departments
- Exposure to metallurgical accounting systems and ability to analyse plant data
- Experience in windows-based Operator Interface systems
- Previous experience managing testwork programs including comminution, physical, materials handling and beneficiation testwork applicable in Iron Ore
- Previous experience with optimisation projects across the Iron Ore supply chain
- Exposure to Process Modelling
‘The Real Offer’
Our people are the driving force behind the growth of the business and our success. We are committed to attracting and retaining people who have the right mix of skills, knowledge, leadership and motivation to operate one of Australia’s largest and most innovative integrated iron ore mining, rail and port operations.
Roy Hill offers rewarding careers, generous benefits, and a unique opportunity to join a dynamic workplace where collaboration, innovation, agility and personal leadership empowers you to perform at your best.
Roy Hill is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages indigenous Australians and females to apply. We promote cultural diversity, gender equality and non- discrimination. To be eligible to apply for this role you must be legally permitted to work permanently in Australia.
Please note that unsolicited applications from recruitment agencies will not be accepted.