- Immerse yourself in an inclusive, diverse and supportive culture
- Perth Based
- Outstanding opportunity to work with a high performing iron ore business
Roy Hill represents the next generation of integrated iron ore mine, rail and port operations in the Pilbara region of Western Australia. Situated approximately 340 kilometres south east of Port Hedland, our world-class operation is the only independent iron ore business with West Australian majority ownership. With a defined mineralisation of more than 2.4 billion tonnes of high grade iron ore, enough to sustain a mine life of more than 20 years, Roy Hill is introducing a new wave of innovation, technology and knowledge to Australia’s iron ore industry.
‘The Real Us’
The Roy Hill mine is the largest single-pit iron ore mine in Australia and has an initial mine life of 17 years, with a likely extension beyond that of 12 years. Roy Hill is an owner operator, conventional open pit, drill and blast, truck and excavator bulk mining operation.
Our Technical Services leadership team is now seeking a Superintendent Metallurgical Evaluation & Modelling to join the team.
The Superintendent Metallurgical Evaluation & Modelling will manage key projects and work to improve orebody knowledge, build and optimise static and dynamic process plant models as well as improve current planning systems to optimise the Roy Hill Supply Chain.
This position will be working closely with departments within Technical Services as well as other departments such as Processing Operations, Mining, Projects, Engineering Services and Marketing. This role will require strong leadership and technical skills and this position will be an integral member of the Technical Services team involved directly in resolving technical and operational issues that are limiting both throughput and quality. Managing a group of highly specialised technical professionals, this position will aim to deliver high quality, in depth technical metallurgical systems and models that will optimise the Roy Hill resource over life of mine.
Accountabilities will include: -
- Be accountable for the technical and strategic direction of the Geometallurgical and Metallurgical Modelling teams
- Be accountable for development of dynamic and static process plant models.
- Management of Geometallurgical Models and Integration of Geometallurgical data into planning systems to optimise the RH demand system
- Clearly communicate study outcomes with leaders by preparing high quality PowerPoint presentations, testwork reports and technical memorandum’s
- Provide technical input in support of the operations processing to ensure product quality and production targets are met as needed
‘The Real You’
For you to achieve outstanding results in this position, you will be an experienced leader within Metallurgical Evaluation & Modelling along with the following: -
- Degree in Metallurgy or Chemical Engineering
- Demonstrated experience in a Technical Geometallurgical Planning role with cross functional collaboration with Geology and Mine-planning departments
- Previous experience managing testwork programs including comminution, physical, materials handling and beneficiation testwork applicable in Iron Ore
- Previous experience with optimisation projects across the Iron Ore supply chain
- Previous Operational experience with process optimisation
- Strong understanding of Iron Ore Geometallurgy in the Pilbara
- Exposure to Iron Ore Beneficiation studies. Conceptual development of flow sheets for processes / Plant Design. Development of Mass Balances. Development of Equipment Lists
- Exposure to metallurgical accounting systems and ability to analyse plant data
‘The Real Offer’
Our people are the driving force behind the growth of the business and our success. We are committed to attracting and retaining people who have the right mix of skills, knowledge, leadership and motivation to operate one of Australia’s largest and most innovative integrated iron ore mining, rail and port operations.
Roy Hill offers rewarding careers, generous benefits, and a unique opportunity to join a dynamic workplace where collaboration, innovation, agility and personal leadership empowers you to perform at your best.
Roy Hill is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages indigenous Australians and females to apply. We promote cultural diversity, gender equality and non- discrimination. To be eligible to apply for this role you must be legally permitted to work permanently in Australia.
Please note that unsolicited applications from recruitment agencies will not be accepted.