- Immerse yourself in an inclusive, diverse and supportive culture
- 2 Year Fixed Term - Perth Based
- Outstanding opportunity to work with a high performing iron ore business
Roy Hill represents the next generation of integrated iron ore mine, rail and port operations in the Pilbara region of Western Australia. Situated approximately 340 kilometres south east of Port Hedland, our world-class operation is the only independent iron ore business with West Australian majority ownership. With a defined mineralisation of more than 2.4 billion tonnes of high grade iron ore, enough to sustain a mine life of more than 20 years, Roy Hill is introducing a new wave of innovation, technology and knowledge to Australia’s iron ore industry.
‘The Real Us’
Roy Hill’s Perth-based integrated Corporate Headquarters and Remote Operations Centre (ROC) provides end to end integration of our operations, marketing and corporate services functions.
Our Engineering Services leadership team is now seeking a Graduate Electrical Engineer to join the team. This role will provide electrical engineering support to the operations including technical investigations, report writing, development and implementation of improvements.
Accountabilities will include: -
- Assist with audits of electrical equipment and documentation for regulatory compliance
- PLC and SCADA programming
- Review of HV protection systems
- Conduct technical investigation of plant problems, outages or failures including recommending actions, using initiative to suggest efficiencies and improvements
- Develop and execute appropriate improvement projects
- Review and updating of technical documents
- Periodic to frequent travel to the Mine and Port to assist with project works and commissioning of minor projects
‘The Real You’
For you to achieve outstanding results in this position, you will be a Graduate Electrical Engineer along with the following: -
- Bachelor’s Degree – Electrical Engineering, Mechatronic Engineering, Control System Engineering or Equivalent
- Demonstrated engineering experience or vacation work experience
- Experience with HV and LV equipment and variable speed drives
- Experience with programmable logic controller control systems, fibre optic data networks etc.
- Exposure to maintenance philosophies such as Reliability Centred Maintenance, Total Productive Maintenance, and Root Cause Analysis
- Ability to undertake remote site-based work
‘The Real Offer’
Our people are the driving force behind the growth of the business and our success. We are committed to attracting and retaining people who have the right mix of skills, knowledge, leadership and motivation to operate one of Australia’s largest and most innovative integrated iron ore mining, rail and port operations.
Roy Hill offers rewarding careers, generous benefits, and a unique opportunity to join a dynamic workplace where collaboration, innovation, agility and personal leadership empowers you to perform at your best.
Roy Hill is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages indigenous Australians and females to apply. We promote cultural diversity, gender equality and non- discrimination. To be eligible to apply for this role you must be legally permitted to work permanently in Australia.
Please note that unsolicited applications from recruitment agencies will not be accepted.