- Immerse yourself in an inclusive, diverse and supportive culture
- Outstanding opportunity to work with a high performing iron ore business
- Perth Based – 4:5/5:4/5:5 Day & Night Roster
Roy Hill represents the next generation of integrated iron ore mine, rail and port operations in the Pilbara region of Western Australia. Situated approximately 340 kilometres south east of Port Hedland, our world-class operation is the only independent iron ore business with West Australian majority ownership. With a defined mineralisation of more than 2.4 billion tonnes of high grade iron ore, enough to sustain a mine life of more than 20 years, Roy Hill is introducing a new wave of innovation, technology and knowledge to Australia’s iron ore industry.
‘The Real Us’
Roy Hill’s Perth-based integrated Corporate Headquarters and Remote Operations Centre (ROC) provides end to end integration of our operations, marketing and corporate services functions
Our Demand Chain leadership team is now seeking a Controller Plant to join the team, based at the Remote Operations Centre at the Perth International Airport. Reporting to the Supervisor Control, this role is responsible for controlling the fixed plant infrastructure of the Roy Hill Mine Process Plant, Train Load Out and the Port Loading Facility Circuits in order to safely maximise throughput rate and runtime.
Accountabilities will include: -
- Ensure the safe and efficient processing of iron ore through the fixed plant infrastructure that you have been assigned control of
- Ensure the needs of the Operations and Maintenance teams (Roy Hill Process Plant, Train Load Out and Port Loading Facility) are addressed in a safe, timely and professional manner
- Prepare for tasks as issued on the daily execution task sheets (DETS)
- Accurately monitor the status of the fixed plant infrastructure to optimise the capability of the Roy Hill Demand Chain
- Correspond with site maintenance and maintenance planning regarding equipment faults, breakdowns and shutdown planning
‘The Real You’
For you to achieve outstanding results in this position, you will be an experienced Controller along with the following: -
- Demonstrated experience of experience controlling a Process Plant, Train Load Out or a Port Loading Facility.
- Prior experience with a bulk commodities mining company with Significant process plant operator experience
- Exceptional communication skills
- Ability to manage competing work priorities in a busy remote operations environment
‘The Real Offer’
Our people are the driving force behind the growth of the business and our success. We are committed to attracting and retaining people who have the right mix of skills, knowledge, leadership and motivation to operate one of Australia’s largest and most innovative integrated iron ore mining, rail and port operations.
Roy Hill offers rewarding careers, generous benefits, and a unique opportunity to join a dynamic workplace where collaboration, innovation, agility and personal leadership empowers you to perform at your best.
Roy Hill is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages indigenous Australians and females to apply. We promote cultural diversity, gender equality and non- discrimination. To be eligible to apply for this role you must be legally permitted to work permanently in Australia.
Please note that unsolicited applications from recruitment agencies will not be accepted.