- Immerse yourself in an inclusive, diverse and supportive culture
- Outstanding opportunity to work with a high performing iron ore business
- Perth Based – Regular Site Travel
Roy Hill represents the next generation of integrated iron ore mine, rail and port operations in the Pilbara region of Western Australia. Situated approximately 340 kilometres south east of Port Hedland, our world-class operation is the only independent iron ore business with West Australian majority ownership. With a defined mineralisation of more than 2.4 billion tonnes of high grade iron ore, enough to sustain a mine life of more than 20 years, Roy Hill is introducing a new wave of innovation, technology and knowledge to Australia’s iron ore industry.
‘The Real Us’
Roy Hill’s Perth-based integrated Corporate Headquarters and Remote Operations Centre (ROC) provides end to end integration of our operations, marketing and corporate services functions.
Our Engineering Services leadership team is now seeking a Manager Rail Engineering to join the team. This role will support Roy Hill to meet its business targets through providing: -
- Rail engineering support for Rail, below rail and Rolling stock
- Engineering input to Roy Hill projects
- Governance of Rail engineering standards and practice across Roy Hill operations
Accountabilities will include: -
- Be the SME for Rail, below Rail and Rollingstock engineering for Roy Hill’s business
- Take accountability for the resolution of those significant technical Rail engineering issues in the business which cannot be resolved locally
- Ensuring that the rail condition monitoring equipment is fit for purpose and effectively utilised by the business
- By monitoring external developments and through in-depth knowledge of Roy Hill operations and assets, identify and define opportunities to improve Roy Hill productivity, costs and reduce equipment risks
- Provide technical leadership to the engineers in the business and set direction for engineering practice
- Provide engineering peer review for Roy Hill projects
- Manage Roy Hill’s engineering standards
‘The Real You’
For you to achieve outstanding results in this position, you will be an experienced Rail Engineering professional along with the following: -
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or equivalent
- Demonstrated relevant experience in heavy haul rail
- Advanced problem-solving skills with the ability to get past the obvious to identify root cause
- Sound knowledge of rail operations with an understanding of the operation of an integrated demand chain
- The ability to anticipate and manage issues; bring authority and influence to the team and able to leverage lessons learned from past experiences
- Excellent negotiation and external/internal stakeholder management skills
- The ability to communicate complex technical concepts to business owners, key stakeholders, peers and other audiences
‘The Real Offer’
Our people are the driving force behind the growth of the business and our success. We are committed to attracting and retaining people who have the right mix of skills, knowledge, leadership and motivation to operate one of Australia’s largest and most innovative integrated iron ore mining, rail and port operations.
Roy Hill offers rewarding careers, generous benefits, and a unique opportunity to join a dynamic workplace where collaboration, innovation, agility and personal leadership empowers you to perform at your best.
Roy Hill is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages indigenous Australians and females to apply. We promote cultural diversity, gender equality and non- discrimination. To be eligible to apply for this role you must be legally permitted to work permanently in Australia.
Please note that unsolicited applications from recruitment agencies will not be accepted.