- Immerse yourself in an inclusive, diverse and supportive culture
- FIFO 8:6 roster from Perth
- Outstanding opportunity to work with a high performing iron ore business
Roy Hill represents the next generation of integrated iron ore mine, rail and port operations in the Pilbara region of Western Australia. Situated approximately 340 kilometres south east of Port Hedland, our world-class operation is the only independent iron ore business with West Australian majority ownership. With a defined mineralisation of more than 2.4 billion tonnes of high grade iron ore, enough to sustain a mine life of more than 20 years, Roy Hill is introducing a new wave of innovation, technology and knowledge to Australia’s iron ore industry.
‘The Real Us’
Roy Hill’s purpose built, world-class mine processing plant is the largest and most advanced single feed plant in the Pilbara and utilises low risk, proven technology to process 55Mtpa (Wet) of lump and fines iron ore.
Our Processing Operations leadership team is now seeking a Graduate Engineer Mechanical to join the team on an 8:6 Roster from Perth. The primary purpose of the Graduate Engineer Mechanical role is to provide mechanical engineering support to the operations including technical investigations, report writing, development and implementation of improvements. The position will report to the Superintendent Analysis & Improvement, based at the Mine Processing Plant.
Accountabilities will include: -
- Conduct technical investigation of plant problems, outages or failures including recommending actions
- Mechanical engineering support on site for production and maintenance teams
- Develop and execute appropriate improvement projects
- Review and update technical documents
- Use initiative to suggest efficiencies and improvements
- Communicate relevant technical issues to senior managers/supervisors/team leaders
‘The Real You’
For you to achieve outstanding results in this position, you will be a Graduate Mechanical Engineer along with the following: -
- Bachelor’s Degree – Mechanical Engineering
- Experience in a mineral processing production environment i.e. site Vacation Work Experience
- Motivated and eager to learn
‘The Real Offer’
Our people are the driving force behind the growth of the business and our success. We are committed to attracting and retaining people who have the right mix of skills, knowledge, leadership and motivation to operate one of Australia’s largest and most innovative integrated iron ore mining, rail and port operations.
Roy Hill offers rewarding careers, generous benefits, and a unique opportunity to join a dynamic workplace where collaboration, innovation, agility and personal leadership empowers you to perform at your best.
Roy Hill is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages indigenous Australians and females to apply. We promote cultural diversity, gender equality and non- discrimination. To be eligible to apply for this role you must be legally permitted to work permanently in Australia.
Please note that unsolicited applications from recruitment agencies will not be accepted.