- Immerse yourself in an inclusive, diverse and supportive culture
- FIFO 8:6 roster from Perth
- Outstanding opportunity to work with a high performing iron ore business
Roy Hill represents the next generation of integrated iron ore mine, rail and port operations in the Pilbara region of Western Australia. Situated approximately 340 kilometres south east of Port Hedland, our world-class operation is the only independent iron ore business with West Australian majority ownership. With a defined mineralisation of more than 2.4 billion tonnes of high grade iron ore, enough to sustain a mine life of more than 20 years, Roy Hill is introducing a new wave of innovation, technology and knowledge to Australia’s iron ore industry.
‘The Real Us’
Roy Hill’s purpose built, world-class mine processing plant is the largest and most advanced single feed plant in the Pilbara and utilises low risk, proven technology to process 55Mtpa (Wet) of lump and fines iron ore.
Our Processing Operations leadership team is now seeking a Graduate Metallurgist to join the team on an 8:6 Roster from Perth. The successful applicant will participate in a 2 year Roy Hill Graduate Program. The intent of the Graduate program is to provide a formal structure where all graduates are provided with an opportunity to undertake work experience gaining exposure to a range of activities that will complement their education and develop the practical skills necessary to develop a career as a metallurgist in the Pilbara Iron Ore industry.
Accountabilities will include: -
- Contribute to the technical operation of the processing plant by conducting plant surveys, sampling and other tasks to ensure production targets are being achieved
- Contribute to specialty test work programs undertaken by internal and/or external parties.
- Contribute to accurate data gathering for production metal accounting and reporting purposes
- Provide input into laboratory test work campaigns and activities to ensure production targets are met
‘The Real You’
For you to achieve outstanding results in this position, you will be a Graduate Metallurgist along with the following: -
- Tertiary qualifications in Metallurgy/Process or Chemical Engineering/Industrial Chemistry
- Experience in a mineral processing production environment i.e. site Vacation Work Experience
- Motivated and eager to learn
‘The Real Offer’
Our people are the driving force behind the growth of the business and our success. We are committed to attracting and retaining people who have the right mix of skills, knowledge, leadership and motivation to operate one of Australia’s largest and most innovative integrated iron ore mining, rail and port operations.
Roy Hill offers rewarding careers, generous benefits, and a unique opportunity to join a dynamic workplace where collaboration, innovation, agility and personal leadership empowers you to perform at your best.
Roy Hill is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages indigenous Australians and females to apply. We promote cultural diversity, gender equality and non- discrimination. To be eligible to apply for this role you must be legally permitted to work permanently in Australia.
Please note that unsolicited applications from recruitment agencies will not be accepted.