- Proudly WA majority owned with an exceptional safety culture.
- Seeking an experienced Maintainer Signals to join the Rail Team.
- 14:10/14:11 day night FIFO roster ex-Perth to either the mine site or Port Hedland.
Roy Hill represents the next generation of integrated iron ore mine, rail and port operations in the Pilbara region of Western Australia. Situated approximately 340 kilometres south east of Port Hedland, our world-class operation is the only independent iron ore business with West Australian majority ownership. With a defined mineralisation of more than 2.4 billion tonnes of high grade iron ore, enough to sustain a mine life of more than 20 years, Roy Hill is introducing a new wave of innovation, technology and knowledge to Australia’s iron ore industry.
‘The Real Us’
Roy Hill’s independently owned and operated railway is a 344km standard gauge, single line, heavy haul railway built to transport 55Mtpa of iron ore from the Roy Hill Mine to the dedicated Port stockyard facility in Port Hedland. Utilising state-of-the-art train loading systems and the fastest rail car dumpers, the Rail division is a leading example of our innovation and technology investments. We are currently looking to appoint a Maintainer Signals to join our Rail team. This role will be based either at the Roy Hill mine site or at Port Hedland. You will respond to equipment issues, minimise downtime, and maintain and improve Signals asset reliability and availability. The position is accountable for ensuring required maintenance tasks are undertaken in line with the schedule in relation to all signals systems and conducted to a very high quality in a safe and efficient manner.
You also be responsible for:
- Carrying out scheduled and unscheduled maintenance tasks as instructed by area supervisors.
- Monitoring equipment failure rates and changing failed components where possible as to limit the impact of the subsequent equipment downtime.
- Ensuring adequate materials and supplies are obtained for carrying out required tasks.
- Undertaking a duty of care for yourself and others; always focusing on safety.
‘The Real You’
As the ideal candidate, you have extensive experience working in a large operating mining environment. It is essential that you have previous working experience as a Maintainer Signals in the Rail industry. You will also have:
- An Australian Recognised Signalling certificate (Cert 4) or equivalent as a minimum and an Electrical Trade certificate.
- A WA, A Grade Electrical Licence.
- A current WA Class Driver’s Licence.
- The ability to work effectively autonomously, as well as lead continuous team improvement.
‘The Real Offer’
Our people are the driving force behind the growth of the business and our success. We are committed to attracting and retaining people who have the right mix of skills, knowledge, leadership and motivation to operate one of Australia’s largest and most innovative integrated iron ore mining, rail and port operations.
Roy Hill offers rewarding careers, generous benefits, and a unique opportunity to join a dynamic workplace where teamwork, innovation, agility and personal leadership empowers you to perform at your best.
Roy Hill is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages indigenous Australians and females to apply. We promote cultural diversity, gender equality and non- discrimination. To be eligible to apply for this role you must be legally permitted to work permanently in Australia.
Please note that unsolicited applications from recruitment agencies will not be accepted.