- Immerse yourself in an inclusive, diverse and supportive culture
- Options of FIFO - Port Hedland - 8:6 Roster | Residential Port Hedland 5:2 Roster
- Outstanding opportunity to work with a high performing iron ore business
Roy Hill represents the next generation of integrated iron ore mine, rail and port operations in the Pilbara region of Western Australia. Situated approximately 340 kilometres south east of Port Hedland, our world-class operation is the only independent iron ore business with West Australian majority ownership. With a defined mineralisation of more than 2.4 billion tonnes of high grade iron ore, enough to sustain a mine life of more than 20 years, Roy Hill is introducing a new wave of innovation, technology and knowledge to Australia’s iron ore industry.
‘The Real Us’
Roy Hill’s independently owned and operated railway is a 344km standard gauge, single line, heavy haul railway built to transport 55Mtpa of iron ore from the Roy Hill Mine to the dedicated Port stockyard facility in Port Hedland. Utilising state-of-the-art train loading systems and the fastest rail car dumpers, the Rail division is a leading example of our innovation and technology investments.
Our Rail operations leadership team is now seeking an Engineer Track Condition Monitoring to join the group. Reporting to the Superintendent Rail Engineering, you will provide technical rail infrastructure expertise on the Rail Track Condition Monitoring equipment and data outputs. This role will be required to follow the necessary processes, procedures and standards to ensure the Roy Hill Rail Network is maintained in a safe and effective manner.
A key requirement is the ability to analyse data and identify infrastructure trends, defects or problems in a timely manner. This role requires a high level of integrity to ensure the railway track asset is maintained in accordance with the safety, reliability, environmental standards and statutory requirements and is safe for passage the of rail traffic.
Accountabilities will include: -
- Carry out scheduled inspections as required
- Assist the maintenance teams and engineers when required
- Monitor equipment wear rates and create notifications to enable maintenance to schedule corrective actions
- Review, update and participate in creating inspection procedures that safely and efficiently deliver the required railway infrastructure availability and reliability
- Assist in resolving maintenance priorities in conjunction with short-term and long-term production goals
- Ensure inspections are completed in line with Standards, Regulations, Approvals and Commitments
‘The Real You’
For you to achieve outstanding results in this position, you will be an experienced Engineer along with the following: -
- Demonstrated experience in a condition monitoring or quality assurance engineering role
- Australian recognised degree qualification in an Engineering field
- Demonstrable knowledge and experience of railways and condition monitoring systems
- Demonstrated knowledge in implementation and maintaining rail track condition monitoring maintenance data to assess future improvements
- Understanding of managing rail inspections in accordance with applicable requirements and laws
- Track measurement and track resurfacing exposure
‘The Real Offer’
Our people are the driving force behind the growth of the business and our success. We are committed to attracting and retaining people who have the right mix of skills, knowledge, leadership and motivation to operate one of Australia’s largest and most innovative integrated iron ore mining, rail and port operations.
Roy Hill offers rewarding careers, generous benefits, and a unique opportunity to join a dynamic workplace where collaboration, innovation, agility and personal leadership empowers you to perform at your best.
Roy Hill is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages indigenous Australians and females to apply. We promote cultural diversity, gender equality and non- discrimination. To be eligible to apply for this role you must be legally permitted to work permanently in Australia.
Please note that unsolicited applications from recruitment agencies will not be accepted.