- Immerse yourself in an inclusive, diverse and supportive culture
- FIFO Mine - 8:6 Roster
- Outstanding opportunity to work with a high performing iron ore business
Roy Hill represents the next generation of integrated iron ore mine, rail and port operations in the Pilbara region of Western Australia. Situated approximately 340 kilometres south east of Port Hedland, our world-class operation is the only independent iron ore business with West Australian majority ownership. With a defined mineralisation of more than 2.4 billion tonnes of high grade iron ore, enough to sustain a mine life of more than 20 years, Roy Hill is introducing a new wave of innovation, technology and knowledge to Australia’s iron ore industry.
‘The Real Us’
The Roy Hill mine is the largest single-pit iron ore mine in Australia and has an initial mine life of 17 years, with a likely extension beyond that of 12 years. Roy Hill is an owner operator, conventional open pit, drill and blast, truck and excavator bulk mining operation.
Our Engineering Services leadership team is now seeking a Supervisor Water to join the team.
This role will be responsible for developing the daily shift plan required to operate and maintain the water supply, whilst providing direct supervision to the water team they are accountable for. Primary responsibilities are the supply of water to the process plant, dewatering of active Mine pits, and the disposal of excess water.
Accountabilities will include: -
- Ensure operation and maintenance of all water supply infrastructure is conducted in accordance with the maintenance plan, and production targets are met
- Operate a complex and dynamic water system to deliver the correct quantity and quality of water to achieve business objectives
- Identify the development needs of individuals and coach, mentor, and support them to improve their knowledge, skills or performance
- Actively drive a safety culture which is based on management of risk, by showing personal leadership and promoting conformance to HSES standards and procedures
‘The Real You’
For you to achieve outstanding results in this position, you will be an experienced Supervisor along with the following: -
- Demonstrated dewatering experience in a mining environment
- Strong knowledge of submersible and centrifugal diesel pumps, in-pit sumps, PE pipework, and valves
- The ability to assess/prioritise tasks, and motivate a team to maximise outcomes
- Commitment to take on accountability for the performance of your team
- Desirable, experience in the operation of injection borefields for water disposal
- Desirable, familiar with telemetry/scada systems, and SAP
‘The Real Offer’
Our people are the driving force behind the growth of the business and our success. We are committed to attracting and retaining people who have the right mix of skills, knowledge, leadership and motivation to operate one of Australia’s largest and most innovative integrated iron ore mining, rail and port operations.
Roy Hill offers rewarding careers, generous benefits, and a unique opportunity to join a dynamic workplace where collaboration, innovation, agility and personal leadership empowers you to perform at your best.
Roy Hill is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages indigenous Australians and females to apply. We promote cultural diversity, gender equality and non- discrimination. To be eligible to apply for this role you must be legally permitted to work permanently in Australia.
Please note that unsolicited applications from recruitment agencies will not be accepted.