- Immerse yourself in an inclusive, diverse and supportive culture
- World-Class Processing Plant - largest & most advanced in the Pilbara
- Outstanding opportunity to work with a high performing iron ore business
Roy Hill represents the next generation of integrated iron ore mine, rail and port operations in the Pilbara region of Western Australia. Situated approximately 340 kilometres south east of Port Hedland, our world-class operation is the only independent iron ore business with West Australian majority ownership. With a defined mineralisation of more than 2.4 billion tonnes of high grade iron ore, enough to sustain a mine life of more than 20 years, Roy Hill is introducing a new wave of innovation, technology and knowledge to Australia’s iron ore industry.
‘The Real Us’
Roy Hill’s purpose built, world-class mine processing plant is the largest and most advanced single feed plant in the Pilbara and utilises low risk, proven technology to process 55Mtpa (Wet) of lump and fines iron ore.
We are currently looking to appoint a Manager Production. Reporting to the General Manager Processing & NPI, you will be responsible for providing leadership and direction for the integration of the production, metallurgical and laboratory elements of the process plant facilities. The primary purpose of the role is to lead the Process Plant Operational team to safely operate the process plant assets, so they can deliver the utilisation and throughput rate required to achieve 55Mtpa final product, at or below the operational budget cost / tonne.
Accountabilities will include: -
- Provide strong visible leadership to the process plant production, metallurgical and laboratory teams and to the plant design and construction teams
- Provide advice and report to the General Manager Processing on health, safety and operational performance and results
- Provide production input into annual processing planning activities. Developing tools and systems to provide critical production information to the General Manager Processing and make recommendations on both strategy and operations
- Resolve production and metallurgical issues in conformance with short-term and long-term production goals
- Provide support and direction to the Mine Laboratory function to ensure quality service is provided to both the processing department and the mining department
‘The Real You’
For you to achieve outstanding results in this position, you will be an experienced production manager along with the following: -
- Relevant tertiary qualifications, bachelor's degree in engineering (Metallurgical, Process or Chemical) or a similar technical field
- Demonstrated experience in a management or large size superintendent role in a processing environment within large scale mining and processing operations
- Experience in running large scale processing plants under strict production budgets
- Desire and ability to drive continuous improvement initiatives within the production department
- Experience in managing maintenance aspects of processing plants and knowledge of maintenance fundamentals
‘The Real Offer’
Our people are the driving force behind the growth of the business and our success. We are committed to attracting and retaining people who have the right mix of skills, knowledge, leadership and motivation to operate one of Australia’s largest and most innovative integrated iron ore mining, rail and port operations.
Roy Hill offers rewarding careers, generous benefits, and a unique opportunity to join a dynamic workplace where collaboration, innovation, agility and personal leadership empowers you to perform at your best.
Roy Hill is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages indigenous Australians and females to apply. We promote cultural diversity, gender equality and non- discrimination. To be eligible to apply for this role you must be legally permitted to work permanently in Australia.
Please note that unsolicited applications from recruitment agencies will not be accepted.