- Immerse yourself in an inclusive, diverse and supportive culture
- Broad Planning leadership role spanning end to end supply system (‘pit to port’) from tactical short term to strategy and Life of Mine
- Pivotal role engaging with all internal departments and key external stakeholders
Roy Hill represents the next generation of integrated iron ore mine, rail and port operations in the Pilbara region of Western Australia. Situated approximately 340 kilometres south east of Port Hedland, our world-class operation is the only independent iron ore business with West Australian majority ownership. With a defined mineralisation of more than 2.4 billion tonnes of high grade iron ore, enough to sustain a mine life of more than 20 years, Roy Hill is introducing a new wave of innovation, technology and knowledge to Australia’s iron ore industry.
‘The Real Us’
The Roy Hill mine is the largest single-pit iron ore mine in Australia and has an initial mine life of 17 years, with a likely extension beyond that of 12 years. Roy Hill is an owner operator, conventional open pit, drill and blast, truck and excavator bulk mining operation. We own and operate a 344km rail network providing mine product to its purpose-built port facilities at Port Hedland.
Our Technical Services leadership team is now seeking a Manager Planning to join the group to lead a team of high performing professionals to deliver integrated, strategic and tactical value adding solutions. You will be accountable for the timely and quality delivery of integrated plans and designs, business optimisation solutions, project studies, approval submissions to regulatory bodies and reporting requirements of the business. In addition, the Manager ensures the financial model is maintained and reported to all Internal/External stakeholders.
Accountabilities will include :-
- Provide strategic guidance to the business, ensuring LOM plan is revised and maximum value is realised from the Roy Hill resource and potential future resource targets
- Lead a competent team of professionals, who work well as a team and with other departments, demonstrating collaboration, mutual trust and respect
- Ensure the Medium and Short-term plans are collaboratively developed, providing detailed guidance on mine sequence, site infrastructure, surface water and mine dewatering, ground disturbance applications, and identifying potential rehabilitation opportunities
- Drive strategic analysis projects from acquired orebody knowledge to maximise business value
- Engage with business stakeholders to clearly define system bottlenecks (Mine, Processing, Rail & Port) and work with stakeholders in scoping any/all optimisation projects/studies
- Improvement of systems and tools through innovation
- Complete a detailed budget for each life-of-mine plan revision approved by the business, overseeing mining Budget estimates for CAPEX and OPEX
- Produce an annual JORC compliant Ore Reserve statement for submission to the Lenders
‘The Real You’
For you to achieve outstanding results in this position, you will be an experienced leader within Planning / Technical Services with the ability to effectively coach, train and influence team members along with the following :-
- Bachelor Degree in Mine Engineering / Earth Science or related field
- Demonstrated operational experience in the mining industry, in an open cut, load & haul operation within tactical, long term and strategic planning
- Complex decision-making capability, strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Advanced computing skills including mining software (preferable experience with Vulcan, Alastri Tactical Scheduler and Minemax)
‘The Real Offer’
Our people are the driving force behind the growth of the business and our success. We are committed to attracting and retaining people who have the right mix of skills, knowledge, leadership and motivation to operate one of Australia’s largest and most innovative integrated iron ore mining, rail and port operations.
Roy Hill offers rewarding careers, generous benefits, and a unique opportunity to join a dynamic workplace where collaboration, innovation, agility and personal leadership empowers you to perform at your best.
Roy Hill is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages indigenous Australians and females to apply. We promote cultural diversity, gender equality and non- discrimination. To be eligible to apply for this role you must be legally permitted to work permanently in Australia.
Please note that unsolicited applications from recruitment agencies will not be accepted.