- Immerse yourself in an inclusive, diverse and supportive culture
- Support front line employee development for Australia’s largest privately owned mine
- Outstanding opportunity to work with a high performing iron ore business
Roy Hill represents the next generation of integrated iron ore mine, rail and port operations in the Pilbara region of Western Australia. Situated approximately 340 kilometres south east of Port Hedland, our world-class operation is the only independent iron ore business with West Australian majority ownership. With a defined mineralisation of more than 2.4 billion tonnes of high grade iron ore, enough to sustain a mine life of more than 20 years, Roy Hill is introducing a new wave of innovation, technology and knowledge to Australia’s iron ore industry.
‘The Real Us’
The Roy Hill mine is the largest single-pit iron ore mine in Australia and has an initial mine life of 17 years, with a likely extension beyond that of 12 years. Roy Hill is an owner operator, conventional open pit, drill and blast, truck and excavator bulk mining operation.
We are looking for an experienced Production Trainer Assessor to join the Operational Training team. Reporting to the Training Supervisor Mining, this role will be FIFO from Perth on an 8 days on 6 days off roster.
Accountabilities will include:
- Provide operational training support to ensure the Mining department attains the required knowledge and skills to be deemed competent to perform tasks specific to their position
- Develop and review training documentation and work Instructions in line with approved Roy Hill standards
- Deliver high quality, efficient training and assessment services while embracing opportunities for continuous learning approaches, where it makes good business
‘The Real You’
For you to achieve outstanding results in this position, you will have proven experience in the Mining environment and previous experience in training & assessment for mining personnel. In addition, you will possess:
- Hold a Cert IV TAE in Training Assessment
- Knowledge of statutory training/assessment requirements
- Interpersonal and communication skills to present and facilitate training for large groups
‘The Real Offer’
Our people are the driving force behind the growth of the business and our success. We are committed to attracting and retaining people who have the right mix of skills, knowledge, leadership and motivation to operate one of Australia’s largest and most innovative integrated iron ore mining, rail and port operations.
Roy Hill offers rewarding careers, generous benefits, and a unique opportunity to join a dynamic workplace where collaboration, innovation, agility and personal leadership empowers you to perform at your best.
Roy Hill is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages indigenous Australians and females to apply. We promote cultural diversity, gender equality and non- discrimination. To be eligible to apply for this role you must be legally permitted to work permanently in Australia.
Please note that unsolicited applications from recruitment agencies will not be accepted.