- Excellent opportunity to work for a world class organisation.
- Seeking an experienced Contracts Administrator/Quantity Surveyor to work for our Projects team.
- This role will be offered in Perth on a fixed-term contract basis ending 31/12/2020.
Roy Hill represents the next generation of integrated iron ore mine, rail and port operations in the Pilbara region of Western Australia. Situated approximately 340 kilometres south east of Port Hedland, our world-class operation is the only independent iron ore business with West Australian majority ownership. With a defined mineralisation of more than 2.4 billion tonnes of high grade iron ore, enough to sustain a mine life of more than 20 years, Roy Hill is introducing a new wave of innovation, technology and knowledge to Australia’s iron ore industry.
‘The Real Us’
Roy Hill’s Perth-based integrated Corporate Headquarters and Remote Operations Centre (ROC) provides end to end integration of our capital projects, operations, marketing and corporate services functions. Our Projects team are looking to appoint a Contract Administrator/Quantity Surveyor. Reporting to the Manager Contracts – Major Projects, this position is based at the Roy Hill Remote Operations Centre located near the Perth International Airport. As the successful candidate, you will be responsible for general pre-and post-contract commercial and contract administration on major greenfield and brownfield construction and engineering projects. Your responsibilities will include:
- Management of cost and risk on major construction and engineering projects.
- Assisting with and the development of contracting strategies.
- Contract administration tasks from tender stage through to project completion.
- Liaising with internal and external stakeholders to ensure commercial deliverables are achieved.
- Assisting project managers to effectively manage commercial and contractual issues.
- Management of variations, claims and disputes.
- Contract close out.
‘The Real You’
The ideal candidate will be someone who possesses a high level of drive, motivation and an eagerness to learn, in addition to strong customer service and interpersonal skills as developing and maintaining effective working relationships with internal and external stakeholders is integral to this role. It is essential that you have:
- Tertiary qualifications in construction, quantity surveying, or law.
- Experience of contract administration (pre-and post-contract) on construction or engineering projects.
‘The Real Offer’
Our people are the driving force behind the growth of the business and our success. We are committed to attracting and retaining people who have the right mix of skills, knowledge, leadership and motivation to operate one of Australia’s largest and most innovative integrated iron ore mining, rail and port operations.
Roy Hill offers rewarding careers, generous benefits, and a unique opportunity to join a dynamic workplace where collaboration, innovation, agility and personal leadership empowers you to perform at your best.
Roy Hill is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages indigenous Australians and females to apply. We promote cultural diversity, gender equality and non-discrimination. To be eligible to apply for this role you must be legally permitted to work permanently in Australia.
Please note that unsolicited applications from recruitment agencies will not be accepted