- Provide Wireless Networks Communication support for Australia’s largest privately-owned mine.
- Knowledge based organisation centred around innovative thinking.
- 8:6 Day shift FIFO roster ex-Perth to Mine.
Roy Hill represents the next generation of integrated iron ore mine, rail and port operations in the Pilbara region of Western Australia. Situated approximately 340 kilometres south east of Port Hedland, our world-class operation is the only independent iron ore business with West Australian majority ownership. With a defined mineralisation of more than 2.4 billion tonnes of high grade iron ore, enough to sustain a mine life of more than 20 years, Roy Hill is introducing a new wave of innovation, technology and knowledge to Australia’s iron ore industry.
‘The Real Us’
The Roy Hill mine is the largest single-pit iron ore mine in Australia and has an initial mine life of 17 years, with a likely extension beyond that of 12 years. Roy Hill is an owner operator, conventional open pit, drill and blast, truck and excavator bulk mining operation.
Reporting to the Superintendent Communications, we are currently looking for an Engineer Communications to join the Technology team on a permanent basis. You will:
- Provide technical and administrative support for Roy Hill’s wireless networks - systems include In-Pit WiFi, TETRA, LTE and autonomous technologies.
- Ensure the ongoing day-to-day availability and performance of the wireless networks.
- Ensure fleet equipment is receiving adequate communications whilst continuing to improve services.
‘The Real You’
For you to achieve outstanding results in this position, you will have substantial experience supporting Wireless Networks. In addition, you will have:
- Extensive experience in a networking and communications support role in mining/manufacturing or similar engineering intensive industries.
- Deep technical understanding of the support and troubleshooting required to effectively manage Operational Technology RF Network and IP Networks.
- The ability to work effectively under pressure and to deadlines, both autonomously and as part of a team.
- A willingness to accept change and work outside your position description where required.
- A minimum of a Certificate IV, Trade Certificate or Diploma in a Technology related field which is in accordance with the Australian Qualifications Framework.
A Bachelor’s Degree in STEM, IT or Technology related fields, post-graduate qualifications in any field, industry certifications (such as Cisco, Juniper, Microsoft, and Wireless), and Project Management Certifications (PMI, PRINCE2) will be desirable.
‘The Real Offer’
Our people are the driving force behind the growth of the business and our success. We are committed to attracting and retaining people who have the right mix of skills, knowledge, leadership and motivation to operate one of Australia’s largest and most innovative integrated iron ore mining, rail and port operations.
Roy Hill offers rewarding careers, generous benefits, and a unique opportunity to join a dynamic workplace where collaboration, innovation, agility and personal leadership empowers you to perform at your best.
Roy Hill is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages indigenous Australians and females to apply. We promote cultural diversity, gender equality and non- discrimination. To be eligible to apply for this role you must be legally permitted to work permanently in Australia.
Please note that unsolicited applications from recruitment agencies will not be accepted.