- Immerse yourself in an inclusive, diverse and supportive culture
- FIFO Port Hedland – 14/10 – 14/11 Days & Nights Roster
- Outstanding opportunity to work with a high performing iron ore business
Roy Hill represents the next generation of integrated iron ore mine, rail and port operations in the Pilbara region of Western Australia. Situated approximately 340 kilometres south east of Port Hedland, our world-class operation is the only independent iron ore business with West Australian majority ownership. With a defined mineralisation of more than 2.4 billion tonnes of high grade iron ore, enough to sustain a mine life of more than 20 years, Roy Hill is introducing a new wave of innovation, technology and knowledge to Australia’s iron ore industry.
‘The Real Us’
Roy Hill’s independently owned and operated railway is a 344km standard gauge, single line, heavy haul railway built to transport 55Mtpa of iron ore from the Roy Hill Mine to the dedicated Port stockyard facility in Port Hedland. Utilising state-of-the-art train loading systems and the fastest rail car dumpers, the Rail division is a leading example of our innovation and technology investments.
Our Rail operations leadership team is now seeking a Supervisor Wagon Maintenance to join the group. The role will be responsible for the safe and effective execution of maintenance plans for the Roy Hill Locomotive & wagon fleet and NPI and include the machining of wagon and locomotive wheels, delivering maximum availability and reliability at an optimised cost. You will be responsible for the direct leadership and management of the locomotive & wagon maintenance crews, ensuring the locomotive wagon & NPI maintenance plans are executed and be an integral member of rolling stock recovery team.
Accountabilities will include: -
- Execute the wagon maintenance plan, undertaking unscheduled repairs to the locomotive & wagon fleet including NPI in the workshop and on track when required
- Provide 24/7, hands on technical support to internal service providers regarding all aspects of Roy Hill's wagon fleet
- Assist with track machine maintenance where required
- Execute the wheel set machining plan
- Ensure costs are minimised by constantly examining maintenance practices for improving efficiencies and productivity, seeking opportunities to improve overall project performance
‘The Real You’
For you to achieve outstanding results in this position, you will be an experienced leader within the area of Locomotive & Wagon Maintenance along with the following: -
- Australian Recognised Trade Certificate in Mechanical or Electrical Disciplines
- Demonstrated experience in rolling stock maintenance
- Supervisory experience within the operation and maintenance of locomotives, ore cars, fuel tank cars and wheel lathe/machining operation
- Strong understanding of locomotive, rail cars, workshop and infrastructure maintenance issues
- Ability to effectively manage work priorities
‘The Real Offer’
Our people are the driving force behind the growth of the business and our success. We are committed to attracting and retaining people who have the right mix of skills, knowledge, leadership and motivation to operate one of Australia’s largest and most innovative integrated iron ore mining, rail and port operations.
Roy Hill offers rewarding careers, generous benefits, and a unique opportunity to join a dynamic workplace where collaboration, innovation, agility and personal leadership empowers you to perform at your best.
Roy Hill is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages indigenous Australians and females to apply. We promote cultural diversity, gender equality and non- discrimination. To be eligible to apply for this role you must be legally permitted to work permanently in Australia.
Please note that unsolicited applications from recruitment agencies will not be accepted.