Roy Hill represents the next generation of integrated iron ore mine, rail and port operations in the Pilbara region of Western Australia. Situated approximately 340 kilometres south east of Port Hedland, our world-class operation is the only independent iron ore business with West Australian majority ownership. With a defined mineralisation of more than 2.4 billion tonnes of high grade iron ore, enough to sustain a mine life of more than 20 years, Roy Hill is introducing a new wave of innovation, technology and knowledge to Australia’s iron ore industry.
‘The Real Us’
The Roy Hill mine is the largest single-pit iron ore mine in Australia and has an initial mine life of 17 years, with a likely extension beyond that of 12 years. Roy Hill is an owner operator, conventional open pit, drill and blast, truck and excavator bulk mining operation.
Our Mobile Maintenance team is now seeking an experienced Maintenance Supervisor to join the team on a 14/10 – 14/11 (Days / Nights) Roster from Perth.
Reporting to the Superintendent Loading & Drilling, you will be based at the Roy Hill Mine site to lead the mobile maintenance crew. You will be accountable for ensuring the maintenance of all mobile plant and equipment is carried out on site to OEM specifications and in accordance with Roy Hill processes and site work instructions.
Accountabilities will include: -
- Provide leadership and direction to all maintenance personnel including subcontractors.
- Provide clear performance expectations to direct reports and reinforce correct behaviour through recognition and encouragement.
- Provide visual leadership to the workforce within the maintenance team, reinforcing the risk based, behavioural safety system.
‘The Real You’
For you to achieve outstanding results in this position, you will have the following: -
- Proven supervisor and leadership skills
- Strong trouble shooting and problem solving capability.
- Ability to effectively manage personal work priorities so that time is used efficiently
- Ability to adapt and work effectively within a variety of situations, and with various groups and individuals.
- Accepts personal accountability for responsibilities and ensures that appropriate outcomes are delivered in a timely fashion
- Strong communication skills
- Seek opportunities to improve overall project performance through innovation
- Sound skills using computerised maintenance management systems
- Drive a culture consistent with Roy Hill values
- Australian Recognised Trade Certificate
- Current WA drivers licence
- Strong understanding of modern maintenance systems (SAP or similar CMMS)
- Extensive experience with Atlas Copco Drill Rigs, Hitachi Excavators, Caterpillar and Hitachi Hauling trucks
‘The Real Offer’
Our people are the driving force behind the growth of the business and our success. We are committed to attracting and retaining people who have the right mix of skills, knowledge, leadership and motivation to operate one of Australia’s largest and most innovative integrated iron ore mining, rail and port operations.
Roy Hill offers rewarding careers, generous benefits, and a unique opportunity to join a dynamic workplace where collaboration, innovation, agility and personal leadership empowers you to perform at your best.
Roy Hill is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages indigenous Australians and females to apply. We promote cultural diversity, gender equality and non- discrimination. To be eligible to apply for this role you must be legally permitted to work permanently in Australia.
Please note that unsolicited applications from recruitment agencies will not be accepted.