- Immerse yourself in an inclusive, diverse and supportive culture
- FIFO 14/10 – 14/11 roster from Perth
- Outstanding opportunity to work with a high performing iron ore business
Roy Hill represents the next generation of integrated iron ore mine, rail and port operations in the Pilbara region of Western Australia. Situated approximately 340 kilometres south east of Port Hedland, our world-class operation is the only independent iron ore business with West Australian majority ownership. With a defined mineralisation of more than 2.4 billion tonnes of high grade iron ore, enough to sustain a mine life of more than 20 years, Roy Hill is introducing a new wave of innovation, technology and knowledge to Australia’s iron ore industry.
‘The Real Us’
The Roy Hill mine is the largest single-pit iron ore mine in Australia and has an initial mine life of 17 years, with a likely extension beyond that of 12 years. Roy Hill is an owner operator, conventional open pit, drill and blast, truck and excavator bulk mining operation.
Our Mine Operations leadership team is now seeking a Shift Superintendent to join the group on a 14/10 – 14/11 Roster from Perth to provide on shift support for Mining Supervisors and to coordinate operational mining activities across the shift, ensuring that priorities are met to comply with the weekly plan.
Accountabilities will include: -
- Ensure all work areas operate in a safe manner and that all hazards are adequately controlled
- Coordination of operational activities to ensure daily and weekly production targets are met in line with the Weekly Schedule
- Complete inspections as required to ensure any issues with potential to impact the mine plan are clearly communicated to the relevant personnel
- Manage and drive operational standards to ensure conformance to design is achieved
‘The Real You’
For you to achieve outstanding results in this position, you will be an experienced leader within Mine Operations along with the following: -
- Exceptional skills in supervising large teams of people, providing strong motivation and mentorship
- Experience in operating large mining equipment in a supervisory role
- Hold a QM Certificate
- Be highly adaptable and flexible, able to work in a constantly changing environment
‘The Real Offer’
Our people are the driving force behind the growth of the business and our success. We are committed to attracting and retaining people who have the right mix of skills, knowledge, leadership and motivation to operate one of Australia’s largest and most innovative integrated iron ore mining, rail and port operations.
Roy Hill offers rewarding careers, generous benefits, and a unique opportunity to join a dynamic workplace where collaboration, innovation, agility and personal leadership empowers you to perform at your best.
Roy Hill is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages indigenous Australians and females to apply. We promote cultural diversity, gender equality and non- discrimination. To be eligible to apply for this role you must be legally permitted to work permanently in Australia.
Please note that unsolicited applications from recruitment agencies will not be accepted.