- Provide Communication and Networking support for Australia’s largest privately owned mine with focus on process control systems and networks.
- Knowledge based organisation centred around innovative thinking.
- 4:3/4:3/8:6 Day shift FIFO roster ex-Perth to Mine.
Roy Hill represents the next generation of integrated iron ore mine, rail and port operations in the Pilbara region of Western Australia. Situated approximately 340 kilometres south east of Port Hedland, our world-class operation is the only independent iron ore business with West Australian majority ownership. With a defined mineralisation of more than 2.4 billion tonnes of high grade iron ore, enough to sustain a mine life of more than 20 years, Roy Hill is introducing a new wave of innovation, technology and knowledge to Australia’s iron ore industry.
‘The Real Us’
The Roy Hill mine is the largest single-pit iron ore mine in Australia and has an initial mine life of 17 years, with a likely extension beyond that of 12 years. Roy Hill is an owner operator, conventional open pit, drill and blast, truck and excavator bulk mining operation.
Reporting to the Superintendent Technology Infrastructure, we are currently looking for a Network Engineer to join the Technology team on a permanent basis to work on the IT/OT integration and networking projects within process control domain.
Accountabilities will include: -
- Ensure the stability, integrity, high availability and efficient operation of Roy Hill’s IT/OT network and communications systems related to Process Control.
- Develop, maintain and support all PCS network/communication systems, drive network reliability and operational effectiveness within the Processing department.
- Work alongside the PCS and Technology teams to ensure that the control system communication and networks meets the desired requirements by way of review of proposals, technical solutions, risk identification and mitigation and implementation approach.
- Plan, acquire, and coordinate installation of in-house and remote hardware and software across the organization’s Process Control networks.
‘The Real You’
For you to achieve outstanding results in this position, you will have a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Computer Science with practical experience in networking and communications support preferably within mining, Oil & Gas, or manufacturing industries.
- High level understanding of routing and firewall filtering.
- Knowledge of Juniper and Cisco equipment, systems and solution options.
- Strong troubleshooting, fault finding and problem-solving skills, with the ability to identify what, how, and why something happened to prevent recurrence using root cause analysis.
- Ability to work un-supervised and drive business outcome.
‘The Real Offer’
Our people are the driving force behind the growth of the business and our success. We are committed to attracting and retaining people who have the right mix of skills, knowledge, leadership and motivation to operate one of Australia’s largest and most innovative integrated iron ore mining, rail and port operations.
Roy Hill offers rewarding careers, generous benefits, and a unique opportunity to join a dynamic workplace where collaboration, innovation, agility and personal leadership empowers you to perform at your best.
Roy Hill is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages indigenous Australians and females to apply. We promote cultural diversity, gender equality and non- discrimination. To be eligible to apply for this role you must be legally permitted to work permanently in Australia.
Please note that unsolicited applications from recruitment agencies will not be accepted.