Roy Hill represents the next generation of integrated iron ore mine, rail and port operations in the Pilbara region of Western Australia. Situated approximately 340 kilometres south east of Port Hedland, our world-class operation is the only independent iron ore business with West Australian majority ownership. With a defined mineralisation of more than 2.4 billion tonnes of high grade iron ore, enough to sustain a mine life of more than 20 years, Roy Hill is introducing a new wave of innovation, technology and knowledge to Australia’s iron ore industry.
‘The Real Us’
The Roy Hill mine is the largest single-pit iron ore mine in Australia and has an initial mine life of 17 years, with a likely extension beyond that of 12 years. Roy Hill is an owner operator, conventional open pit, drill and blast, truck and excavator bulk mining operation.
Our Mobile Maintenance team is now seeking experienced Minor Plant Diesel Fitters to join the team on a 14/10 - 14/11 (Days/Nights) Roster from Perth. The main responsibility will be to carry out safe, efficient and prompt maintenance and repairs on our extensive fleet of Minor Plant ancillary and support equipment.
Accountabilities will include: -
- Working as part of a team in the Minor Plant Maintenance department, carry out inspections, repairs and routine maintenance to the Minor Plant fleet consisting of over 450 assets.
- Carry out scheduled and unscheduled tasks as directed.
- Apply knowledge of products, diagnostic techniques and processes to carry out repairs in an effective and safe manner.
‘The Real You’
For you to achieve outstanding results in this position, you will have the following: -
- Australian Recognised (Mechanical Fitters, Road Transport or Heavy Diesel) Trade Certificate
- Current Australian drivers licence
- Thorough understanding of the effective use of electronic diagnostic equipment.
- Basic understanding of the use of computer based maintenance systems.
- Forklift, EWP, Crane, Dogging and Basic Rigging licences desired.
- Extensive experience working on Toyota light vehicles, heavy road transport equipment, and various types of mine support equipment such as but not limited to lighting plants, service trucks, coach buses, telehandlers, elevated work platforms, fork lifts, bobcats, IT loaders and mobile cranes.
- The ability to directly liaise with OEM product support technicians to diagnose and repair faults on a vast range of equipment.
‘The Real Offer’
Our people are the driving force behind the growth of the business and our success. We are committed to attracting and retaining people who have the right mix of skills, knowledge, leadership and motivation to operate one of Australia’s largest and most innovative integrated iron ore mining, rail and port operations.
Roy Hill offers rewarding careers, generous benefits, and a unique opportunity to join a dynamic workplace where collaboration, innovation, agility and personal leadership empowers you to perform at your best.
Roy Hill is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages indigenous Australians and females to apply. We promote cultural diversity, gender equality and non- discrimination. To be eligible to apply for this role you must be legally permitted to work permanently in Australia.
Please note that unsolicited applications from recruitment agencies will not be accepted.